Sign in to follow this  

What is doing VOR ???? Vor 's Future ???

hello

I'm a newbie on this website ;-) (from belgium)

i have just bought in september 2004 a new VOR 530 SME 2004....

40467676_small.jpg

now i was told that the financial situation of VOR was very critical... :cry:

I'm very proud of my bike (it run's perfectly !) but this situation is :cry: for all the actual and future customers... (what about the warranty, pieces, etc etc)

I have received this letter from Vor Benelux :

vor2.GIF

So anybody has some good news concerning Vor's future ??? :cry:

I think the Italians are probally still talking very loudly waving thier hands around in unkind ways and using some rather foul language. Moto Guzzi manage to go broke every five years or so 83 years on they refuse to die. I think they will get there eventually but its Italy and there is not a lot you me or any of the Italians have much of a chance of actully doing anything about it.

I think VOR will be fine in the future, with such passion behind the bike and the fact their machines are a high qaulity they have proven themselves to be a good business investment.

I have owned 4 VOR's and will continue to ride them! Thanks to the passion the US importer has, they will continue to be a great machine in the US! :cry:

As soon as I can, I will post the news here. At the moment plenty is going on behind closed doors :cry: and all will be revealed soon.

Its like just one more Italian soap opera....

and a mystery at that....

You could tell use, but then you would have to kill us...right...

I own a bunch of Italian Exotic....they are all the same in this regard ( wait to see what happens in the next chapter...as the story unfolds)... :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::cry::worthy::cry::D:worthy::D:worthy::cry::cry::worthy::worthy::mad::worthy::D:devil::D:worthy::worthy::mad::devil::cry:

I was told by the company that i got my bike off, that vor has been now bought. and that they will be bringing out there full range of bikes here to aus meaning the mini bikes quads 250's 450's and 530's(when this is all happening i wouldn't know)

I hope this info is correct as I too am afraid of vor going bankrupt, as Ive only just had my 530 for a couple of months.

One thing is 100% true:

Mondial ,the owner of VOR is definitely bancrupt! Some investors from Switzerland have simply disappeared in the past.

That doesn´t mean automatically that its bad for the VOR brand. In my opinion it´s better for them to be more independent than belonging to a company which is focussed on Street bikes.

Its the chance for a new start for them.

Twin

If you want an Italian bike, you should buy two bikes. The second bike will be your parts source. Italians, great engineers bad businessman.

this is true...at least 2 or 3 of each bike....since there is no security that parts or any other type of support will last beyond the moment...

But I will say that the Italian exotics are still the ultimate 2 ( and/or 4 ) wheeled experience...if you are willing to pay the price ( and I dont mean just $$$$).... :cry::cry::cry:

Very much like a truely hot blooded woman....always needing your attention...but if you treat her right...then pure pleasure.... :cry:

They are (the company) friggin pathetic.

How long has it been since we have heard anything from VOR?

No wonder they went bust, look how they treat their customers.

They are lucky they built a good bike.

I am going to look hard at a GasGas.

I have had enough.

The Italians and other hand made exotics are truely a special breed :) .....and are there fore not for the faint of heart, nor those of little faith.....

To be a loyal exotic owner, you must have patience and other bikes to ride if/when one of your exotics is out of order....it may take time and money to get it going again...

Last I heard, Petronas the Malasian Auto mega giant recently bought out VOR...as Mondial, the prior owners are currently out to pasture...

I would guess that by the end of the year we will see a strong return of VOR...I personally feel no fear with buying/owning a VOR... I just bought a nice 530 EN...and I love it....I would not hesitate getting another one...

I would recommend that if you are a one bike owner...then get a mainstream major brand, so you will have security of parts and service to always have a bike to ride.....the ideal exotic owner is one that has a number of bikes...so if the exotic is not up and running, then other bikes are there to ride....

I personally own only exotics...because I believe they are works of art, as well as vehicles to ride.....but I have many bikes, so I always have at least one to ride....If I were to want only a single bike, and wanted to always have it immediately available to ride, and wanted to get parts, service, and a bunch of aftermarket stuff always immediately available...then Id get a major brand ( KTM, Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki....)

Since these exotics are cottage micro industries, by there very nature they are less financially viable and secure...... :D:D:o:):p

The Italians and other hand made exotics are truely a special breed :) .....and are there fore not for the faint of heart, nor those of little faith.....

I would guess that by the end of the year we will see a strong return of VOR...I personally feel no fear with buying/owning a VOR...

Since these exotics are cottage micro industries, by there very nature they are less financially viable and secure...... ;):D:):p:D

Well said!! I own VOR because of the qaulity, and having owned the rest, the VOR remains the superior machine to me. :o

I must admit though... I like my Gassers when 2 smoke comes to mind.

daotoys

I hear you, however the 450ene is the only bike I want.

I am just impatient.

Doggy

If it's an exotic you're looking for, just buy a Husaberg.. I feel comfortable knowing KTM is standing behind 'em...

Plus: More power, better handling, better reliablity, easy to find parts, 1 year warranty, etc.

Just my 2C of course...

~ Ken

I was at VOR yesterday, they're still working (as usual) supplying parts, what you cannot do now is buying a MY '05 (not industrialised so far) as well as '04 (sold out all), cause the property is still discussing with new (potential) owner :)

About Customer caring (at least in Italy) VOR is at a very good level, if you're sad you couldn't buy a '05 model I agree with you (by the way I'm looking for update my brand new 450 VOR to the '05 specs), all of us should (probably)wait for a '06 , but I'm convinced my VOR is much better than other exotics actually available on the market.

In the meantime I've updated my bike with:

factory Giannelli big-size pipe.

Nissin braking pump

CRD skid plate

backend led light

As soon as I've finished the registration trial I'll do some frame/motor updating, and In case I'll be lucky to find some free hours I use it :)

If it's an exotic you're looking for, just buy a Husaberg.. I feel comfortable knowing KTM is standing behind 'em...

Plus: More power, better handling, better reliablity, easy to find parts, 1 year warranty, etc.

Just my 2C of course...

~ Ken

I will not sell my brand new Vor 04 (bought in september) still in first period maintenance (500km) for a Husaberg... i am too happy of my vor and i LOVE IT :) (but even if the company is not in a confortable situation, they could at least post some news on their website ! :) )

Husaberg have only 3 month warranty in belgium ... Vor = 2 years warranty :p

XXMILE : could you show me some pictures of your bike with your modifications ??? :D