Sign in to follow this  

ride anwhere close

Anyone want to meet and ride anywhere within 1 hour from the Quad City area for the 19th or 20th? I'll need to break in the new parts and get them ready for the 27th.

Jason Soseman ( The owner of Pope Creek )

was at Keithsburg Saturday and I talked to him and he said

his place was a mud pit royal . . . . even the pasture was a mud pit.

I don't think he will let anyone ride there for awhile.

All that clay there makes it very treacherous riding anyway

and he doesn't want it rutted out everywhere.

Woods_weapon_2

Yeah, I'd be up for Keithsburg too. I think anywhere that isn't sand is going to be nasty for about a month or so if it's warmer than 30 out.

I'm screwed, my parents are coming to celebrate the kids birthdays that weekend. Just my luck. I was reminded by "fun control" as always.

Bummer... That's why I was hoping our daughter was going to be born on February 29th so we would only have to have her birthday party every 4 years. Well that didn't work out, but my wife didn't think the idea was very funny anyway. :cry:

I might be heading down tat way Friday morning for some abuse if anyone is available.

I was just talking to woods_weapon_2's number one nemesis Dale who introduced his ribs, radiator, front fender and number plate to a tree there Saturday. He said he was coming out of a corner and hit a little ice and hit it. But other than that he said it was great out there.

Mr. Bungle,

Don't you ever work ? ? ?

You should be be buying a lifetime pass to K-burg !

Whats the weather suppose to be like ?

All I know is while you guys are pounding sand whoops all that day

I will down south enjoying nice warm weather and riding some

challenging single track, creek crossings. And I bet there will be some log crossing there to, something that Keithsburg is missing.

Mr. Bungle - just a warning about this weekend if by any chance

you have to be in the same room as "woodshellian" he prefers that

you bring the red head wig with pigtails and a short skirt ........... :)

Woods_weapon_2

i never been to keithsburg. i hear about it here and there. how is it? anyone got any pictures. website?

Description of Keithsburg :

sand whoops, sand whoops, sand whoops, sand whoops, sand whoops,

sand whoops, sand whoops, sand whoops, sand whoops, sand whoops

sand whoops, sand whoops and more sand whoops....................

Racer X had a article on the place mostly about the national motocross

they had there 1 year in the seventies.

You can look at r2-racing.com and see some pictures from the district 22 race that is held there for the past 41 years - which is a couple of weeks

( Feb. 27 ).

Sandy Oaks is the real name of the place and it caters to the horse riding / camping crowd most of the time but winter / early spring alot of people ride

there because it is all sand - it is a good place to ride to get in shape but

not really a harescrambles track as it is more like a 2 hour motocross.

This might be called Mr. Bungles " home track " as much as he

has been riding there !

Woods_weapon_2

** I forgot to put the hyphen in the R2 website, it is the correct site now !

WW-2,

I hated to do it but I had to take the whooooole day off on friday to make sure I got all prettied up for woodshellion, you know! :p Do you think Joe might have and extra wig and skirt?? :D

I will start wrapping myself in duct tape around 2:30 , i hope this will keep him out! :):D:)

I think the upper 30's for a temp, but will probably be colder when I get there. I plan on beating that place into submission before the 27th, well ,maybe its beating me into submission. ( don't get any ideas woodshellion)

The legend of Kiethsburg is that the track made Southwick seem like a flat wide open freeway.

Hannah made everyone look like a bunch of squids on that track. :)

JohnnyOfast,

Last year at the Indy dealer show I talked to Bob Hannah and asked him

about the race there and he remembered it exactly he even told us

racing both the 125 and 250 class was a stupid thing to do there. He said it was the roughest track he had ever rode............ So when somebody like that tells you that you know it was rough - I can't imagine going around the old MX track for 45 minutes WFO one time ! Yet alone doing it 4 times in one day.

Woods_weapon_2

JohnnyOfast,

Last year at the Indy dealer show I talked to Bob Hannah and asked him

about the race there and he remembered it exactly he even told us

racing both the 125 and 250 class was a stupid thing to do there. He said it was the roughest track he had ever rode............ So when somebody like that tells you that you know it was rough - I can't imagine going around the old MX track for 45 minutes WFO one time ! Yet alone doing it 4 times in one day.

Woods_weapon_2

Yeah, it's all cool. I can't hardly believe it's still there. Never been there myself, was going to do a harescrambles there in 1987 (I thnik) and blew my knee out a week prior to that and instead got a year off for surgery and healing ect,,,,

I have the original write up in MXA and also the story from RacerX.

Good stuff. :)

mr. bungle sent you a PM. Interested in saturday ride if local crew can't get bikes running (all 2strokes taken apart-but they are actually just better mechanic's so they can do it)

pic's look fun.

good ride stoke factor. 4hrs from chicago, about?

JohnnyO, can you scan those articles? I'd like to see them. I can host them if you send them to me.

What year did Keithsburg hold the national MX? It would be cool to look through my magazine collection and see what I could find on it. What year and month was the MXA from? Thanks

Harescramble on Feb 27th and March 13th , Nows your chance!!

Thanks for the heads up but I'm still healing from a car accident late last year. My back is fried. I'll be lucky to be trail riding by then much less serve myself up for the beating of a lifetime.

Sand whoops is the last thing I need right now. :):p

I am on the Kiethsburg case.

I do not remember what issue but I will scan it and post it in pics and vids and provide a link. :)

Edit:

(Sorry to say, they didn't cover that race. The only thing they had was a short write up as part of the 1977 year end re-cap. I know Hannah brings it up all the time in the zillions of interviews he's done. I'll post what I have and will look for the RacerX one.)