Sign in to follow this  

IMS problem

I have a 3.2 IMS tank on my DRZ and the front seat tab keeps coming un-hooked. Anyone else have this happen ? The only thing i think i could try is to lenghten the mounting tab on the tank. ?

Yes,, same thing on mine. IMS offered to make it right if I wanted to send it back.. I choose to spend 5 min with the welder and make a simple extention to the IMS bracket.. Ended up adding 6mm to the bracket. Works great now, never comes unhooked,, and still easy to install.

If you can not find someone local to do that for you,, drop yours in a flat rate USPS priority mail envelope to me,,,,I'll fix it, and send it back. CA to OR and back,, under 4 days I would think.

I just went through the same thing with my IMS 4.0 last week. Just as I was about to fire up the welder and extend that tab under the front of the seat...It hit me. Mabye I screwed up the install? I stopped cursing IMS and took another look at my install. I had installed the rear brackets holding the rubber grommets backward. The grommets needed to go against the frame and not the tank, as I had them installed. I swapped them and the think fits like a glove.

I just went through the same thing with my IMS 4.0 last week. Just as I was about to fire up the welder and extend that tab under the front of the seat...It hit me. Mabye I screwed up the install? I stopped cursing IMS and took another look at my install. I had installed the rear brackets holding the rubber grommets backward. The grommets needed to go against the frame and not the tank, as I had them installed. I swapped them and the think fits like a glove.

:cry: Not the case with mine,, or the two others I've fixed..

But thanks for the heads up. :cry:

What you had done would have moved the tank out of position by quite some distance.. What we are talking about is just a few mm,, just enough to let the bracket slip from the seat.

i had the same problem on my clarke 3.9. but their setup is a bit different, the tab is a piece of aluminum, and it rotated, I modified it so it would not hit the tank if it ever rotated again, plus I also have the gel seat which my dealer installed, but they did no transfer the rubber mounts from the original seat, and I didn't even know about them till this past weekend when i saw somthing on them on one of our forums, thanks!!!

Thanks Bronco,your a great guy.I do have access to welding equipment so i will mod my existing tab. I was just wondering if others had the same problem.Ain't ThumperTalk grand ! :cry: