Sign in to follow this  

Blue or Red

I put this question out before, but on the blue and red forums and all that I got was bashing of the other one. If you had the money and the choice what would you buy? a YamahaWR450 or the Honda CRF450X :cry: I sold my WR426 and I have the cash to buy either of these bikes from my hometown dealer and they both treat me very good! Just wanted some feedback on this if ya would, Thanks :cry: Roost on!

2005 model? If so, choose your poison. They're both good.

Sit on them and see which ergo's feel better.

2005 model? If so, choose your poison. They're both good.

Sit on them and see which ergo's feel better.

This would be much more believable if anybody had any long term reports on the CRF450X.

Based on the problems on the CRF250X I wouldn't touch the Honda 450 until we get reports back from the owners. They might have valve issues.

On the other hand the Yamaha seems to be a pretty solid bike with a good rep.

You might also look at the KTM 450exc. It's been out for a while and is a solid performer. It's somewhat lighter than the other bikes and most of the problems have been worked out.

Does anyone think Red's aluminum frame is a big advantage? Lower center of gravity? But then again, i've heard that Yamaha has their steel frames down to a science by now...

I don't trust Hondas TI valves yet, yamaha seems to be the only one who knows what they are doing, hell even the TI valved R1 has 26,600 mile valve adjustment intervals...

Orange. Know too many people with boxes full of red cranks. Went Blue for '05. '06 will be orange.

May i remind you that the CRF250X and the 450X as well as both the R's have been out for more than a year and 2005 is not the first year for any of them.

They are both great bikes. Incidentally, I logged well over 100 hours on the original piston on my 02 CRF 450 with no valve adjustments. The bike was utterly boring to maintain. My 04 has over 50 hours on the original piston and valve setting. Neither of these bikes EVER had a motor or valve problem.

I don't know if I would be too worried about the first year bike thing. The CRF450R has been out for a number of years and this is the platform that the "X" comes off of. Lots of satisfied "R" customers, no doubt there'll be a lot of satisfied "X" customers also.

The WR's have been out a number of years and I'm sure Yamaha has worked the bugs out of it as well.

Probably the ergo's will be the best thing to go with.

I would be happy to have either one.

Pick your pleasure, you lucky dog :cry: .

Thanks guys :cry: I still havent made up my mind :cry: I do like the look of the Honda, but the reliabilty of the Yamaha. I got to sit on the Yamaha at the Minneapolis cycle show this weekend and it fit nice and I like the changes :cry: What I didnt like was that Honda put there new bike on a platform with a rope around it so you couldnt get to it or sit on it :cry: I am sure it fits like the 250x and that felt good also! Thanks for all the input it helps alot and I trust what you guys have to say on here THANKS !!

Roost on!!

I would have to say the Honda. They have had the CRF450 out since 02'. Why is it the best in it's class? Because it is built the best and performes the best! The 450 is nothin new to the guys in red. I would go for it. :cry: