Sign in to follow this  

Clear Creek Was Awesome!

I went to CC on Wed thinking that there wouldn't be another sole within a hundred miles,. any camping spot I wanted to park my 40 foot of rig in would be empty but that just wasn't the case. :cry:

I was looking forward to parking in the flatest space in Oak Flat camp ground but the 5 fellas from Washington had beaten me to it. :cry:

I talked with them for a while (Cool guys) then set up camp.

here is a pic of them and my dog CLICK

The trails were slightly damp which made for great traction, here is a pic of my brother coming up the hill, I had to jump out of the way on the last picture :cry:CLICK

here is a couple pictures of a great area to hang out and address your hill climbing skills CLICK

I had been looking for some of the old mines that I had seen pictures of here on TT and found quite a lot of them, here is some equipment we found off of T147 CLICK

All in all it was a kick arse time and I cant wait to go back and punish myself on some of the great technical stuff CC has to offer.

Rich

good man Rich........ great you are getting out there and doing it.

......that was the Rooster team from washington..see their California Adventure Post in the NW forum.to read all about it.

Yea Bob it was a great time, unfortunatly I got sick the first day I got there but I didnt let it slow me down, we rode every enduro marked trail we could find, some trails were fairly easy some were hard as all hell but we did it. :cry:

Going to Gorman next weekend for 4 days, should be fun.

Rich

Donald, CC is about 1 hour +15 minutes past hollister on HWY 25, its only about 56 miles but the last 16 miles of road are prettyt twisty and rough road, if your in a MOHO like me its about 2 hours to Hollister.

You can find alot of information about Clear Creek here http://www.salinasramblersmc.org/clearcreek.htm

I don't think you can find a map there however.

Take a chance and go to there you wont be disapointed, if you like Holiister you will love CC.

Good Luck

Rich

Yea Bob it was a great time, unfortunatly I got sick the first day I got there but I didnt let it slow me down, we rode every enduro marked trail we could find, some trails were fairly easy some were hard as all hell but we did it. :cry:

Going to Gorman next weekend for 4 days, should be fun.

Rich

thumper_dad,

Gorman huh, what days? Maybe I can hookup with ya'll??

PM me if interested!!

Scott :cry:

I just remembered that DRN is putting on a get together at Moon Rocks this weekend and I am suppose to attend. :cry::cry::cry:

So it looks like Moon Rocks for me this weekend, then i will plan another trip to Gorman.

I will PM you when I start to plan the trip, maybe we can hook up then.

Rich

moonrocks still has lots of snow....better check conditions....that stuff don't melt without some serious spring warm weather...it has a tendancy to sit a while in the winter once it's down thick like that.

I just checked the site and it looks like the whole trip is hanging in the balance of the winter gods, I just seen a few photo's taken Saturday and it looked like the main staging area had like 3 inches of snow but there were about 7 bikes out there riding in the white stuff.

I know for a fact that alot of people have money allready spent on air fare and hotel that is non refundable so its gonna bve a party regardless if bikes are able to navigate thru the snow or not.

I don't think it would be a wise move to bring the MOHO up there, I have a house in SLT, I will probably just stay there.

Maybe I will bring the snowmobile instead of the WR............... Nah!

:)

Donald, CC is about 1 hour +15 minutes past hollister on HWY 25, its only about 56 miles but the last 16 miles of road are prettyt twisty and rough road, if your in a MOHO like me its about 2 hours to Hollister.

You can find alot of information about Clear Creek here http://www.salinasramblersmc.org/clearcreek.htm

I don't think you can find a map there however.

Take a chance and go to there you wont be disapointed, if you like Holiister you will love CC.

Good Luck

Rich

Thanks for info I would like to try it out sometime this year. :)