Sign in to follow this  

Topping off radiator

I personally use a good motorcycle coolent, currently honda's and it comes mixed 50/50. I have heard from several mechanics that hondaline's coolent is really good, most of those guys were not honda mechanics or even rode hondas. I figure that with as long as they have been making the gold wing and how many of them have over a hundred thousand miles on them and how few ever have radiator/cooling problems they may have a decent coolent.

Do you really want to keep checking the rad and adding coolant ? Just fix the leak, it's not difficult as there is alot of topics on this subject. I put some RTV on my waterpump seal and it's been close to a year now without any coolant coming from the waterpump.

Thanks for the reply.

yea, I just haven't gotten around to doing the fix. I have never added coolant to this bike before. Its an 02 with about 300 miles :cry: I never have time to ride. It might not even be that low, but I know that it has the leak b/c every month or so I will crank it up and let it run awhile and I'll see the drip a few days later.

I hope now I'll start getting some use out of it. I just won a brand new in the box Baja Designs street legal kit for $280 :cry:

Now if I can find someone stupid enuff at the DMV to overlook "NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE" on the title and I'll be in good shape. I wonder if it would be easier to just round up another title like those guys that build those choppers from the ground up do?

The repair isn't hard to do. You do have to drain the radiator though. That's the hardest part to it. take the cover off and pop the thing apart put a generous suppy of RTV in the thing the stick it back together. Let dry overnight. Put the cover back on, refill the radiator end of leak. then check your fluid about once a week. pdawg :cry: