Sign in to follow this  

Inner Rotor Ignition

I have a nephew racing a CRF50 and was wondering if the inner rotor ignition would kill the bike coming out of the corners. I want it to rev quicker but I didn't know if loosing all the inertia would kill it. He weighs whatever a 7yr old would so the bike doesn't have a huge load to get moving.

Also, what about the Ti clutch weights from Powroll???

Thanks,

Scott.

Its still stock 50cc's? The inner rotor would probably help it out and pull nicely. If you want to build the meanest 50cc stock bore 50, here is what you do.

Inner rotor

13:1 piston

Horstman Autoclutch

TB Stock head Race cam

xr70 carb and intake with head ported to match

Modded stock pipe,(So as to keep some backpressure, as the stock bore doesnt perform well with bigbore pipes)

And that should make for one of the fastest 50cc xr50's around.

Thanks but thats kinda pricey. Plus, I remember the Horstman stuff from when I was racing karts. Not worth the $ IMO. That has been a few years ago though.

Yea, it is pricey, I did ride one and the way it lets the bike rev is pretty amazing. The Ti clutch weights, and have the primary gear lightened will probably be good enough for what your looking for though. Lol, building it with the stuff I mentioned though, wow what a 50cc racer thatd be lol.

I'm happy with my inner rotor kit. Worked well when the bike was bone stock. It would pull on all the other stockers I ran against at the time. Works very well with a 75 kit. My bike will pull better on low end than an 88 kit with a carb and cam. They catch me on the straights but on a tight track it does very well.