Sign in to follow this  

Looking for some knowledge Gas Gas EC300

Anybody here have any saddle time on a GasGas EC300? I really would like to hear a real world point of view from somebody who has ridden that in comparison to a big bore 4-stroke i.e. WR-450, 450exc that sort of thing. I am a woods, trail and road rider here in the PNW.

Thanks for the input.

Anybody here have any saddle time on a GasGas EC300? I really would like to hear a real world point of view from somebody who has ridden that in comparison to a big bore 4-stroke i.e. WR-450, 450exc that sort of thing. I am a woods, trail and road rider here in the PNW.

Thanks for the input.

yeah. me too

Joe Pittman's dad rides one and he's faster than hell on it, AND, he's about 70 y/o!

I don't have any firsthand experience with them, but do know that many Stumpjumpers members swear by them.

Thanks for the input.

A friend of mine just picked up an 04 at Condotta's. If I didn't buy my ktm, I would be on the GG 300 instead. I've heard nothing but good things about them, but have yet to ride one. The power is supposed to be very linear, with very little hit on top. The suspension is about as good as it gets.

Join us Hoppy...come to the dark side! :cry:

A friend of mine just picked up an 04 at Condotta's.

So it was a friend of yours that bought that 04 from Condotta’s…Damn! I was down there Saturday looking for that thing I was thinking I could weasel a good deal and maybe a good trade-in on the BGP.

I want to come to the dark side bad as you guys know all to well that's what ridding a blue, yellow or green DRZ will do to a guy.

I ride a EC200 and my dad rides a EC250, I absolutely love my 200, best offroad 2stroke ever, even compared to a KTM200 I rode. I would recomend a GasGas to anyone, very great bikes.

I bought an 04 EC300 2 month ago and so far its the best 2 stroke enduro bike I rode. I previously add an 01 KTM EXC 520 and I prefer the Gasser. I ride in some harescrambles and after 2 hours running, the KTM was two heavy and was killing my arms (and the rest also-:naughty:). I live in Portugal and have rocky terrain with a wet whether which makes it very slipery and sort of trial like terrain. With the gasser I can pass over everything with no trouble and at the end of the day I am less tired and I enjoy more then with the KTM. It is a very progressive bike, so you don't have that much power, like a MX bike, but for what I do this is what I want. If you prefer an agressive bike this is not for you!!!! But if you prefer a light, climb everything and cheap maintenaince then you should consider buying the gasser.

Hope this helps!!!

I like the fact that its got a 6 speed tranny. The KTM 250/300 smokers have the 5 speeds. I'll be seriously looking at the Gas Gas 250 or 300 for my next bike in a couple of years. I've heard only good things about them. -Ed