Sign in to follow this  

Middle Creek conditions report

Dusty.................we were surprised at how dusty it was on any exposed road/trail. Man that place needs rain (getting some today) - at least for the lower parts. We did hit some snow patches but not much until we got to Stonyford - we couldn't go any farther - had to turn back. We were told of a awesome "secret" trail that goes to Stony - and it was awesome!! Sorry Fryboy - I swore to the <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=5&k=dirt%20bike" onmouseover="window.status='<a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=5&k=dirt%20bike" onmouseover="window.status='dirt bike'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">dirt bike</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">dirt bike</a> gods not to reveal the trail to anyone. :cry:

There were many fallen trees all over the place - be carfull !! A few of the small creeks up high were pretty deep. We never rode the Penny Pines area but I think it would have been pretty good.

My buddy lost his 3rd gear on his WR - but luckily he could shift past it - time to split the cases! :cry: We were on Stony grounds when it happened so we rode back from there.

I had one of those "boy do I suck" kind of days!! :devil: We dropped into our usual warm up single track and rode hard - pushing the pace. By the time we popped out of the single track my forarms were like stone - they pumped up so big I couldn't even see past them!! :cry: After that I just couldn't get into any kind of rhythm. Two guys dropped in behind us on a single track and I couldn't get out of my own way - the harder I tried to push the pace the slower I went - when we hit the fire road I pulled over to try to get some oxygen into my stone arms - I glanced over at the other two guys - I'm not positive but I think they were on PW 50s. :cry: BOY DID I SUCK ! I loosened up a little as the day went on but my front end seemed to be dancing around faster than Brittney Spears on a triple shot of a Frapacrapachino! :cry: I twisted my damper knob tighter , looser - it didn't matter - I let air out of the tire - nothing helped. It was just me - I SUCK .

On a more positive note the weather was great and the snow covered mountain tops were beautiful. And everyone must have been riding GT - there were very few people there!! :devil:

dp400ish

Sorry guys - my computer is messed up - I tried to edit something and it messed it all up - if I try to edit that stuff out it will just get worse - damned computers! :cry:

dp

We were told of a awesome "secret" trail that goes to Stony - and it was awesome!!

I tell people about those trails but nobody ever believes me! Finally there is someone out there that can back me up and prove I'm not a liar! :cry:

Oh yeah....nevermind.....I must of been thinking of somewhere else. Somewhere far, far away......like Bigbob's Nevada nuclear wasteland. :cry:

Ya gotta watch out what ya say around here or next time you go rippin down your favorite "secret" trail you may run into 300 "DUAL SPORTERS" plunking along it !! :cry: :cry: :cry:

dp

Yah, i was there two weeks ago the day after the last rain and the lower half was pefect. the trails had been wetted down and there where no fresh tracks ahead of us. Penny was a swamp and it was muddy with some snow in the shade. Nothing you wouldn't expect in the winter though. It should be perfect by now around pp. I was surprised as well to see that nobody was there hardly compared to some weekends. Riding on the superbowl is always good, everybody stays home. Talk about good areas, never good trails :cry: :cry:

happy trails. :cry: :cry:

:cry: I must have missed that trail. The only one to stoney I know is long ridge road. Unless its an outlaw trail :cry::cry:

I was there on Saturday and it was great. As stated there was too much snow at Stonyford so we went back to CC Camp and rode Willow Creek, Bevans, Streeter and the conditions couldn't have been any better, great weather, good traction, etc. We rode 75 miles and I could have kept riding. You guys missed the back side, it was fun.

went to middle creek saturday and the back tire hooked up easily,no dust. Did the blues and greens to stay out of trouble and only dumped the bike once into 2 feet of mud.Little bit of snow here and there. Nice long 2 foot deep ruts to surf through.