Sign in to follow this  

Are Supermoto conversion kits the way to go?

Well, I am going to get another bike to convert to SM and was looking at a few of the conversion kits out there. Are they a better deal than getting each piece seperately?

When I did my DRZ I bought the wheels from one place, the tires from another, brakes from somewhere completely different, etc., etc. But that was close to 4 years ago and there were not a whole lot of options available for SM parts.

Now I see that eastcoastwheels, moto-connection, and motostrano all have conversion kits where for around $2500 I can get pretty much everything (other than the street legal bits) I need in one stop.

If anyone has any experience with these kits or places, or if you know of any others then please post up! :cry:

Bradley

I have purchased from both east coast and moto-connection and both are great, never bought from motostrano but have heard good things about them.

As long as the bits in the conversion kit are what you want then it makes sense if it is cheaper as well.

I've heard from several people that Jeff at ECW is the man. If I were looking, I'd go there. He has been very generous with his time and advice to alot of people, and seems to bend over backwards to help out! :cry:

you could check out championsonline.com. I've ordered from them, they seem pretty diligent so far. i'll update you when i recieve the goods though.