Sign in to follow this  

Needs Help With My 250F

I just bought a 05 CRF-250F and im a little short for the bike. but can deffently handle the power :cry:. the problem is, is that the bikes a little to tall for me im kinda short lol. can you help me out??

There's a bunch of things you can do to lower a bike. You can have the suspension lowered which IMO is the preferred method. You can get a lowering link (Kouba makes a common one for the CRF). You can shave some seat foam; free and effective.

I'm short too (5'6") but I'm just going to learn to deal with it.

okay, but like one of my friends is probley two inches taller than me and he rides a 450F and his is lowered a bit it looks like he moved the forks up through the tripe clamps a bit but i dont know what he did wit the back?

There are several ways you can go to lower your bike to fit you better.

First, how much do you weigh? The stock suspension fits about 170# riders, if you weigh less then you aren't likely getting propper sag. New lighter springs will settle the bike down, and it will ride better for you. You can also have the suspension shortened which will lower the bike, but cost you travel. Some guys think it's worth it, lower center of gravity, better handling...

Or, I bought a Kouba Link and dropped my rear by 1 1/2". I slid the forks up in the clamps until they are just shy of hitting the handlebars, about 1/2". The bike still steers well even though the rear was dropped more than the front.

You can cut the seat, but I find it to be comfort challenged already, and you might not like the new tighter knee bend when sitting. The same goes for cutting the sub-frame about 10mm, it can give you a cramped feel when resting your lazy butt. :cry:

Thanks a lot for the help,

Im gonna bring it to the dealership to see what they can do.

Im trying to do this without spending a lot of money, cuz thats going towards mods. so well see what happens