Sign in to follow this  

Bike suggestion please.

Hi guys, I need some suggestions for a bike. I do mostly trail riding, moderate jumping, and sand dunes every once in a while. I've owned a bunch of old 2-strokes but have been outta the loop for a while. I'm interested in a 4-stroke but have never ridden one. Do they work well for this type of riding? I'll take a 2-stroke but I ride often and don't really care for the constant rebuilds. I'm looking to spend $2500-3000 so a brand new bike isn't really an option. Right now it looks like a yz426f is my best bet. Can someone with riding experience on a big 4-stroke please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

The WR426 is a better option for you. WR stands for wide ratio. It has better gears for trails.

I wouldn't rule out a YZ250f, or a WR250f, both are fun to ride. You also might want to brush up on the major points of thumper maintenance. I ride both, and I spend about the same amount of time doing routine maintenance on one as I do the other.

I'm not ruling out the 250f, I'm just a big fan of eccesive power. That's why I'm here learning from people who know more than me :cry: How different is the gear ratio between the yz and wr. What kind of additional maintanence is needed over a 2-stroke besides checking the valves?