Sign in to follow this  

KLX/DRZ 110 forks...

I've heard/read that KX60 forks are a slip on for the 110. However, KX60 forks are becomming scarce due to the mods we are doing. Short of buying new ones ~$400, or other name brands ~$700, what can be done to get more travel? How about some KDX80 forks? Does anyone know if these will work?

The name brand forks give 7-8" of travel. What do the KX60 forks give and possibly the KDX80 forks?

Thanks,

Shaun

Who would be the answer guy to tell me if '88 or '89 KX80 forks will work with the 110?

Thanks,

Shaun

The klx 110 are about an 1/8 th inch smaller than a 84 kx 80 has. I also think they are longer yet then the kx 60. Then you have to think about the disc brake. The wheel is a 17 inch compared to a 14 inch. A lot of variables. $322 if you buy a 94 to a 01 maybe 02 new forks kx 60. Hope this helps.

Can you run the stock 110 rim with the 60 forks?

The KLX110 and KX60 front wheels are identical - 14" rims - everything is interchangable. The only difference between the two front ends is that KX60 forks have almost twice the travel of the KLX110.

Does the 60 come with a disc brake? which can be incorporated into the stock size 110 rim??

No disc brakes on the KX60. :)

Dan.

The KX60 rear isn't quite so interchangable. It requires you top weld a brake stopper thing on the swingarm. Plus, the sprockets are different. The smallest KX60 sprocket os something like a 38. As opposed to the stock 33. It does work though, I run a KX60 hub and the best part is it doesn't use the rubber inserts for the sprocket, it just bolts on steel to steel like a normal bike.