KLX/DRZ 110 forks...

I've heard/read that KX60 forks are a slip on for the 110. However, KX60 forks are becomming scarce due to the mods we are doing. Short of buying new ones ~$400, or other name brands ~$700, what can be done to get more travel? How about some KDX80 forks? Does anyone know if these will work?

The name brand forks give 7-8" of travel. What do the KX60 forks give and possibly the KDX80 forks?

Thanks,

Shaun

The klx 110 are about an 1/8 th inch smaller than a 84 kx 80 has. I also think they are longer yet then the kx 60. Then you have to think about the disc brake. The wheel is a 17 inch compared to a 14 inch. A lot of variables. $322 if you buy a 94 to a 01 maybe 02 new forks kx 60. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you run the stock 110 rim with the 60 forks?

The KLX110 and KX60 front wheels are identical - 14" rims - everything is interchangable. The only difference between the two front ends is that KX60 forks have almost twice the travel of the KLX110.

Does the 60 come with a disc brake? which can be incorporated into the stock size 110 rim??

No disc brakes on the KX60. ?

Dan.

The KX60 rear isn't quite so interchangable. It requires you top weld a brake stopper thing on the swingarm. Plus, the sprockets are different. The smallest KX60 sprocket os something like a 38. As opposed to the stock 33. It does work though, I run a KX60 hub and the best part is it doesn't use the rubber inserts for the sprocket, it just bolts on steel to steel like a normal bike.