Sign in to follow this  

I'm looking to go on a honeymoon!

I've got the girl. We've got the date. All we need is the location. Can anyone suggest a good place to visit? Maybe where you went on your honeymoon? Or a trip you've taken that is very memorable? I'm open to anything untill I price it out and it exceeds the budget. So have at it. Tell me where to go.

Playa de Carmen in Mexico. Just south of Cancun. Apple Vacations has great all inclusive packages at 5 star resorts.

Playa de Carmen is just across from Cozumel. Not as busy as Cancun...better beaches, and nicer places to stay. I went three years ago and it was the best trip my wife and I have ever had. AWSOME!

It's hard to beat Hawaii, and Cozumel, Barbados, Bermuda are all good. I went to Australia, and it was awesome, but we spent about $6,000 for 12 days.

My wife and I honeymooned in Kauai last year, and loved it so much we're going back this year. My first trip to any of the islands, and it was amazing, especially if you like outdoors stuff (scuba, snorkeling, hiking, surfing, etc. etc...).

Kauai :cry::cry::cry::cry::devil::cry:

Jim

My house. I'll rent you one of the kids rooms for $300.00 per day. Bring your bikes and you can use the trail system too.... and bring your own rain gear. :cry:

I don't think you can beat a cruise for overal enjoyment and they are pretty cheap compared to a land based vacation.

Cabo San Lucas. Its a paradise. Awesome marlin fishing, great night life, fantastic food, great hotels, still affordable...theres even some quad rentals in town....

For the most romantic honeymoon expereince on the planet...Take a water taxi out to Lovers Beach. Go to the back side of the beach (its an isthmus with ocean on both sides) go left, along the base of the hill along a narrow beach....after 150-200 yards the narrow beach will open up to a huge hidden beach under a 300' natural arch with a huge hidden sea cave behind it....thousands and thousands of tourists go to Cabo---and none of them know there is a secret beach under the famous arch...its about as romantic/cool/wild a place as you can go.

Take a towel, couple beers, and your imagination!

We went to St. Thomas on our honeymoon almost 2 years ago. Stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay, all inclusive. They've got a lot going on that you don't even need to leave the hotel.

I've been to Jamaica and wouldn't go back, St. Thomas was much cleaner and nicer.

Total cost was about $3000 for the 2 of us, including airfare. Since it was all-inclusive, we had to spend zero extra money on food/drinks. Only extras were souveniers and tips.

I second the Apple Vacations to Cancun package. My wife and I went 2 years ago and loved it. The resorts there are really nice and clean. The view is awesome and Apple has all inclusive packages which include round trip flight for $600 a person for a full week. The resorts are amazing. We only left the resort a few times. I'm a big fan of bar hopping but I only went out to the bars one night, that's how nice the resorts are. Advice- take dark sun glasses, plenty of film, do the pirate ship cruise one night, and go to the ocean walk.

The lil lady and I are planning our destination wedding/honeymoon at Sandals in Negril Jamaica. Stay five days and the wedding is FREE. We've read that Jamaica and Maui are the two most popular destination wedding locations for American yuppies like us.

ok heres what you do go to hawaii and bring ur dirtbike and ride some trails there cause ive seen bada$$ pics of trails there on here so make sure to bring the bike haha j/k my parents went to mexico and said it was really nice i think they went to cancun

Kauai

NO QUESTION... Stay in princeville, get your wife a day at the spa, and call MotoHawaii.com and go riding for a day!... most amazing trip ive ever taken. Oh yeah- the snorkeling, ziplining and stuff was good too.

Kauai

NO QUESTION... Stay in princeville, get your wife a day at the spa, and call MotoHawaii.com and go riding for a day!... most amazing trip ive ever taken. Oh yeah- the snorkeling, ziplining and stuff was good too.

Also, take the hour helicopter tour. F-ing amazing. :cry::cry:

See if you can get a flight with Billy of Jack Harter tours.

Jim

I don't think you can beat a cruise for overal enjoyment and they are pretty cheap compared to a land based vacation.

I second that. Tell the cruise line it's your honeymoon and you'll probably get a little extra treatment too. Hard to go wrong with one if you're looking for a variety of (outside the cabin) activities.