Sign in to follow this  

Icon 50x question

A neighborhhod kid wants a pitbike cause he's seen both of mine. Oh yea, I need to post the pictures of my new Honda. Anyway, I though the Icon would suit him best but he has a question that I can't answer. What's the max speed on the 50x, with no upgrades?

Also, is the 50x still pretty responsive and would be ok for a 85lb kid? His dad wants to know.

Thanks!

Hey!

We don't have a 50x, but my 85lb daughter rides a 90x, and it is plenty fast! We haven't even tried fourth gear yet, but I'm guessing 40-50mph.

I'd suggest the 90 for a kid that size. Great bike! We've had ours for about a month (8-10 hours of riding) with no issues.

She now wants a quad, where are you located? My Icon is in superb condition, and might be availabe for a great price.

Reflexx :cry:

DOH! I was showing the kid and his friend the different write-ups on the pitbikes, now they both want the Red Cat Rx-9- LOL!

I'm in Riverside, roundabouts where the 15 and 60 fwy meet.

There are quite a few Icons out here on the west coast. I've yet to see/hear of a review of the Redcat. anyone???

If anyone's interested in my 90x, I've got a backyard "track" to test it out. Or bring your bikes and help build some jumps!

I'll try to post some pics tonight, but meanwhile you can go to thier website and just imagine that bike with some dust and tiny scratches on it. One of the side panels fell of, so I epoxied the mount back on (you cannot tell it was ever fixed!). This bike was ridden 90% by my daughter and 10% by me, with NO jumps.

The bike is a 98 out of 100 (100 being new).

http://www.iconracingusa.com/90/

thanks,