Sign in to follow this  

RG3 20mm T-clamps & Carbon Pro -05 CRF450

For anyone running the RG3 20mm triple clamps on their 05 CRF 450 what are the pro's and con's? Also, I've been waiting for the White Bros Carbon Fiber system for what seems like an eternity. Supposedly, first batch had problems. Anyone have any info on this? Thanks.

Paul - south Texas

i love my RG3 set up. turn in is much better, holds the line easier and the vibration dampening is second to none. the WB exhaust had lots of problems with the end caps falling off. it was also reported that the carbon fiber would melt if you didnt repack it when you were supposed to.

dan

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the info. What's your take on the WB Aluminum sys.? Same performance as the Carbon Pro? What are the differences besides materials?

Paul - south Texas

i would personally get the aluminum. the weight savings are so little that you wont notice it on the track. and yes the power is the same. as far as the triple clamps go, id recommend getting the 20mm offset. call me at work, Fort Collins Motorsports (970-498-8858) and ill see what prices i can do for you. talk to you soon

Dan Bacon