Sign in to follow this  

I Feel soo dumb...

I just got my '05 RMZ-250 this friday and im soo not used to it, i had just moved up from a RM 100 and i really had no clue what was goin on witht he bike this past yesturday i went out to an indoor track and it was completely crouded so we had to put outside. The parking lot is gravel and it was warm this weekend so it was half ice/snow and water. To just get used 2 the bike, i rode it around it the parking lot and noticed when cruising in 1st gear you dont need any throttle to just go. Well after the first practice session i was coming outside and i was pretty tired and i dont know what was going threw my mind but i just dumbed the bike over right in front of the truck...omg i was soo emberassed!!

Dont feel bad that kind of stuff happens to everyone. My most embarassing moment was last year I unloaded both my bikes a kid asked what classes I rode I told him 125 250 and 25plus A. I have the plastic crate style bike stands and had one foot on it starting my bike to go out to practice and my foot broke through the plastic the bike fell over on me and my foot was stuck inside the crate. So, I was stuck I couldnt get up I had to yell for my wife to help! I was laughing so hard with everybody it was great!

in my defence, im 5'7" and i wiegh 125 lbs so yea the bike is a lil' bit 2 big 4 me

I'm 5'9" 135lbs with the shortest legs of any human. It sucks, i can barely touch with 1 leg, and that's leaning over......so height shouldn't be an excuse. haha

It's ok, lol I was up at the local shop one day.. And there was this kid like 13 years old, and was like talking to me, (I dont even know him.) He's like I've never rode a bike before.But, I'm pretty good. So, I think I should get a 450." This kids also like 5'0" and weighs like 90 lbs. And I say if your looking into a fourstroke, try the crf100, or the crf250. And he's like nah. Then goes an sits on the 450, sure as I know, it's a loud crashing noise. Herrrrrreeeeeee comes all the bikes. lol He knocked like 30 bikes over, and had to pay to replace a bunch of stuff. haha

mx 89 where u from? anyway yeh i notcied that it will go really fast idiling in first gear i dunno what the deal is.

Hey, is that the track off RT. 70? you are supposed to be able to see it from the freeway. Its the pit bike racing dott com track, No offense but its pretty sad when you got to drive about 1.5 hours to get out there(which is how long it takes me) and it is crowded as hell. I have been to the track in October and it is alright until you get more than 3 people on it. Im just North of Columbus Ohio and it was the first place I took my 05 250f too and I got to change my gearing on that track cause the stock gearing I think will not hold up too well cause its jump corner,jump, corner, jump corner, and im not exagerating. Sorry to hear you took a spill out there....sounds like something I would do too...at least no bones were broken...it would take an ambulence about 4 days to find that place. Well anyways.....this 05 is the first bike I have had in about 3 years...im a little ruff around the edges when riding it ( I am flat out slow). If you know of any other tracks in Ohio drop me a line.....Honda Hills sucks and there are not too many other real tracks around here to ride at.

Thanks

Jim

no its not that one, the one i go to is about 5 minutes from PA. but for ohio track wize, i go to Amherst Meadowlarks and Ohio International Raceway

Ive been to both tracks and the one close to PA (nemx) is a lot bigger than the other one and isnt as tight i like it better but is just too far. The other one is just below Cambridge and is the same place they race 50s but they change the track for big bikes in the winter. i can do almost everything there except a double that ive only seen done by the owners son who is super fast on that track. the track is really tight and i thought i wouldnt be able to ride it because i just got my rmz 250, but after i got out there it wasnt as bad as i thought :)