Best handguard for CRF250X?

How much do you want to spend? There is an MSR that is just an aluminum bar that is strong and simple and relatively inexpensive. My Acerbis have the aluminum bar inside molded plastic that offers some added protection for your hands from branches and the cold. The plastic does show your abuse and misfortune, more than just a bar of metal does.

Whats the best handguard for the 2004 CRF250X? Reliabilty wise where it won't snap easily, or anything.

Thanks.

Hey PM me, let me know where you ended up getting your new ride. Glad to hear you talked you dad into it!

Cycra pro bends with the tripple clamp mount. Bulletproof ?

I'll second that! I recently watched my bike fall up and over from a hillclimb gone bad (from my bird's eye view on my ass) and land right on the handguard on a big rock... BAM! No damage! It's all about the triple clamp mount, these things are way stronger than any other handguard I've used or seen. ?

Oh yeah.... Cycras can definitely be used with stock, unmodified levers. I think the bend is what keeps them clear of the levers on most bikes?

I have the Tusk D-Flexs you can get them at rockymountainmc.com, they are holding up well. I had the entire weight of the bike come down on the left one several times, and after bending the bars it broke a tiny bit, but its still useable. I think if the bar didnt bend then it would not have broken. They are a good price too, I think 50 bucks or something like that.

Hey I stumbled onto something great the other day. I bought some Moose Mini aluminum handguards for my Kids TTr90. These are smaller versions of the fullsize Moose guards for the kids bikes. Well I ended up not using them on the kids bike. I got to looking at them and they fit perfectly on my cut down stock CRF250X Renthal bars that now reside on my YZ400. These bars are cut to 29" and the mini moose guards bolted up perfect. No bending, grinding, or drilling. Just bolt them on for a perfect fit. These would only work on a cut dow bar like lots of us woods riders use.I was really amazed at how well they fit. And for $30 it as a steal. I then added Cycra shields for another $15.

Usually when you put fullsize handguards on cut down bars you have to cut own the handguard and drill another hole. Not with these ?

I like the idea of having a handguard frame that bends down below the handlebar. I think it would reduce the possibility of getting a hand caught and breaking a wrist after getting spit off the bike sideways. The only ones I know of with this shape are the Cycra and the new Acerbis Multi-Pro.

I am running the Fastway Fit system.

I have crashed, wadded up, slammed into trees and they will not move. Solid and lots of room and very well built.

I did a write up on em after I mounted them back in May:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150364&parentpage=2

As the "other" brand of hand guards in the HR stable continue to loosen, spin on crashes, twist you name it......they are being replaced with the Fastways.

Good luck, lots of units out there.

HR

?

?

Same pair of Enduro Engineering w/ deflectors since 1997. I have hit everything from New Jersey to New England. No issues!!

I have rode a bike w/ probends. the ones that do not obstruct the side of your hand. Flickability is great, but in the tight stuff your hands will get pinched often. Ouch!! Also, fellow racer is on his second pair. They will bend!!

I had Acerbis rally pro's which I thought were the best. They bent after one fall in the dirt parking lot at the track with nobody on the bike. (It was a little windy). I just switched to MSR's with the large plastic deflectors. The Acerbis didn't protect my fingers enough. Branches would go under my guards and wack my fingers, pretty painful. No trouble for the MSR's.