Hour Meter Mounting.

I just got a SenDec hour meter from sears. And now I need a good place to mount it.

I thought about building a bracket to mount it on the upper gas tank mount, but I didnt like the way it looked.

I really like the idea of bolting it to the frame, on the left side, in front of the radiator. There is a Smooth spot that would work perfect. But would you guys drill holes in the frame or not. And would you drill and tap the holes, or just use some self tapping screw to mount it? ?

those are all clean installations, hey Ryan how is the leg coming along ?

Its doing pretty good, It hurts more now that it ever has. Ive been working out alot at home, Just riding a sationary bike and doing upper Body. But my leg started hurting, so im gonna take er easy for awhile. I cant wait to ride!!

Ive been stuck in the house because of the weather, so Ive been watching alot of MX vids! Teriferma is gettin OLD!! ?

TedOr,

I would keep an eye on the honda meter you got. I am assuming it is the one from the Honda Marine Accessory Catalog with a tach/hr meter because it is the only one I know of from honda. I put one on my 450 and in about 10 Hours it starts to go bad. The numbers fade out to nothing. I might have gotten a defective one but I was thinking that a Marine use one might not be up to off road riding? Not sure but if you have a problem take it back to your dealer. Just giving you a heads up. By the way I am a parts manager at a honda dealer so message me if you have problems.

I mounted mine just like Throttlejockey did, except on the left side, so I can watch the tach when making fuel screw adjustments. I mounted it with the velcro and added a couple zip ties for peace of mind. I didn't like the idea of drilling the frame. Also, I put a quick disconnect on the wire, just a few inches from the unit, so I can just pull it off when the bike gets washed. Sorry for the crappy pics...

Imag0025.jpg

Imag0027.jpg

TedOr,

I would keep an eye on the honda meter you got. I am assuming it is the one from the Honda Marine Accessory Catalog with a tach/hr meter because it is the only one I know of from honda. I put one on my 450 and in about 10 Hours it starts to go bad. The numbers fade out to nothing. I might have gotten a defective one but I was thinking that a Marine use one might not be up to off road riding? Not sure but if you have a problem take it back to your dealer. Just giving you a heads up. By the way I am a parts manager at a honda dealer so message me if you have problems.

Thanx for tip, yes i think that its the one, i havent mounted it yet. I have a supermotard and do not use it in the wodds or mx tracks so muck but it happens though. I think its strange that you cant change battéry in it. Well it should last for a long time but then..!?

regards

/trOtte