DS pants for a tall guy

WOW those things are pricey! ? $297

They are pricey, but I hope they are worth it. I took the plunge on the Roadcrafter suit for 3 reasons; 1 for the size, I tried Motobos rain gear, and another brand I forget which. But both even getting the XL did not fit with my 34" inseam. It is as if they made the gear for short riders. 2 both of the suits I have tried before leak in heavy rain, and become saunas when not raining if the temp is anywhere above 60F. 3 they are a pain in A$$ when putting them on over the work close and jacket.

I will let you all know what I think when I receive my suit. Hope it was worth the $800.00.

I got a pair of GoreTex bibs on sale at an outdoor/camping/backpacking store. They quickly and easily fit over my riding/MX pants because they have full length leg zippers and the bib feature ensures no water getting in. They roll up small and fit inside on the bottom of my MSR Singletrack backpack. I like this option becuase it has alot of versatility, the bibs have a couple of pockets and fit over my boots to keep water out. ???

Oh yea I have a 34" inseam and the bibs are nice and long.

I feel your pain. I've looked and looked for a pair of riding pants to suit me. Here's what I want: pants with pockets. They need to tuck into the boots. The pockets need zippers and velcro flaps covering the zippers. And a gaiter to attach or detach to cover the boots when needed. I've stuffed my knee pads down into army fatigues and they work well, but don't offer enough protection in my opinion, because the material is too light. I just ordered some MSR pants with pockets, but the photo looked like the pockets are on the thighs -which I won't care for, but I'll have to wait until they get here to see for sure. It seems to me that the people designing the apparel don't ride. Or maybe the market for Dual-Sport type riding gear hasn't gotten big enough yet.

I really like my Moose Expedition pants. As already stated, they're notoriously long for the waist size, so you might do well in them. Even if you need to bump up a notch in the waist measurement to get the length, they come with a sturdy belt to cinch 'em down. They're a quality garment, and have kept me totally dry this wet northwest winter.

I got mine from Rocky Mountain ; they have a free apparel return policy if you don't get the correct size the first time.

I wear a 33X34 pant. I have Shift 34 waist pants and they are over the boot style and plenty long. I tried Oneal Apocolyps pants and they are too short. I just tried on a pair of 34 waist No-Fear tanker pants and they were very long. Which is good when you are sitting on the bike. I've tried older No-Fear pants and they were very short but the Tankers were long.