Sign in to follow this  

Suspension guru in N.FL or S. GA?

I've got a new '05 KTM 525 EXC. I want to find somebody that I can take the bike to that can change springs and valving as needed for my weight, riding, etc.. I don't want to ship forks and shock off somewhere, because I don't think there's any substitute for having somebody who knows what they're doing actually adjust the sags and clickers once the suspension and rider are actually on the bike.

So, can anybody recommend anybody? Preferably somewhere between Orlando and Atlanta and Birmingham? I'm willing to travel to take my bike somewhere to get it done right. Maybe somebody who will be at the Maplesville (AL) Fun Run this weekend or the Hard Labor HS in Chipley, FL in two weeks or the SETRA(?) HS up in AL next month?

I strongly recommend Kevin Brule' of Cyclewerks in Macon, Georgia. He does excellent work and really gets it "dialed-in" to your particular size/weight and riding style. Get his phone # by calling information in the Macon directory. He has mucho experience with all brands. He knows from experience what works and doesn't. He does a lot of the work (behind the scenes) for shops around the southeast. I know of 5-6 KTM buddies that use him now. Contact him directly and you'll save some $. He will adjust until you are satisfied.........which is usually the first or second time. He has a private test track to get it to perfection, so when you leave there, it's right! No, I am not related to him! E-mail me at tcflet11@yahoo.com and I'll get the phone # for you and directions, too. He is the experienced riders' secret suspension tuner. You can often see him with his suspension service trailer at MX tracks around the SE. He does this full time.

One more thing to my previous response.....he races a 450 4-stroke and is VERY familiar with how 4-strokes affect suspension and handling. You'd be surprised how many shops around the S.E. send their "tuning" to him under their own name!