Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

If you're 6ft 3 tall does the 04 CRF need a different top triple clamp and which one?

Or can you just add taller bar clamps like BRP for the extra height?

If you're 6ft 3 tall are protaper CR hi still the bend of choice or is there a newer bend that is taller?

Thanks in advance

On the clamp, if you just want height, you can just use new bar mounts.

The CR hi bend protaper is 95mm tall, while the Pastrana FMX bend protaper is 121 mm tall and the RC high bend Renthal Fatbar is 114 mm tall. Both are a lot taller than the CR high bend, it just depends on what is comfortable for you. I'm 6'8", but if the bars are too tall the seated turning gets odd for me. I run an RG3 top clamp that moves the bars up and forward 10mm, and run a standard RC bend Renthal Fatbar at 99mm tall. Some guys shorter than me like them REALLY tall and forward though, and run these adaptors:

http://www.mts.net/~andyj/barrisers/

There are lots of options, you just have to figure out what is best for you.

I'm 6'4"... I run the RG3 "up and out" clamps as well. I like the Rental "971" bend. It has less sweep than the CR-Hi so my wrists are straighter. If you check the Rental web site and look in the part numbers you see a bunch of the "rider bars" are 971 bend. :cry:

I'm 6'-5" and love Universal's Outdoor bend more than any other bar, and I've tried most of the taller bars on the market. They have a 99mm rise with a fairly straight bend. The CR hi's have a lot of sweep and are shorter. I've found it harder to stand with them.

Universal makes their bars in standard 7/8" or 1 1/8" fat bars. They also come with the pad.

Universal Bars