Sign in to follow this  

flywheel lightening a xr100.

i was thinking about getting my flywheel lightened on my xr100 from bbr or some where else cheaper. has anyone done that with their xr100? is it worth it? does it stall easier? i want to know alot, i'm on the verge right now to buy more upgrades for my xr.

I did it, but I didn't notice much of a difference, but I like to think there was.

so was it worth the money, or should i spend the money on something better. i was thinking about getting the xr's only big bore piston to make it a 115cc, but i dont know how much it is to bore it out so the piston fits.

I wouldn't pay more than $25. It only takes about 10-15 minutes if that and that includes chucking it up.

if you do it don't expect much difference. many people with ttrs do it because you can take 20 ounces off it. i think you can only get like 2.5 ounces. save up and but pipe, and other things. :cry:

ok thanks... i already have a fmf powercore pipe,DT1 airfilter, modded air box, whitebros spokes,bbr springs, msr alum. bars, and rev box. soon to be jetted, it runs like crap right now!!