Sign in to follow this  

Best place to live in canada?

We will call this best place to live part two.... Personally, I love living in the shadows of the #1 Rated ski resort in North America..If it wasn't for the high cost of everything! I live in Pemberton B.C. and there is nothing that you can't do or see. It is a great community for raising children and has every outdoor activity available just outside your front door. Granted we are somewhat distanced when it comes to fine affordable shopping but really as long as there is a MX shop, it's good enough for me. :cry:

Victoria/Vancouver by far, looking out the window at 12degrees and sunshine, trails are close by, good people, not too small of townsizes

:cry:

Victoria/Vancouver by far, looking out the window at 12degrees and sunshine, trails are close by, good people, not too small of townsizes

:cry:

What he said.....especially the Victoria part :cry: it rains less

We will call this best place to live part two.... Personally, I love living in the shadows of the #1 Rated ski resort in North America..If it wasn't for the high cost of everything! I live in Pemberton B.C. and there is nothing that you can't do or see. It is a great community for raising children and has every outdoor activity available just outside your front door. Granted we are somewhat distanced when it comes to fine affordable shopping but really as long as there is a MX shop, it's good enough for me. :cry:

Well, how 'bout the other end of the scale. Where I live it's frozen and dark for half the year, and frozen and light for the other half. There is nothing you can do or see, terrible community for raising children, and zero fine affordable shopping and zero MX shop, and our cost of living is higher than BC.

On the other hand there aren't many rules here and I can drive my dirtbike or sled anywhere in town or out and that makes it all worthwhile. :cry:

Well, how 'bout the other end of the scale. Where I live it's frozen and dark for half the year, and frozen and light for the other half. There is nothing you can do or see, terrible community for raising children, and zero fine affordable shopping and zero MX shop, and our cost of living is higher than BC.

On the other hand there aren't many rules here and I can drive my dirtbike or sled anywhere in town or out and that makes it all worthwhile. :cry:

That was a good one frostbite! :cry::cry::cry:

If I were 20 years younger and single, I would have to agree in Banff as well.

The whole town is awesome. The outdoor sports, the food, the chicks.

I have never seen so many good looking women in one place in my life.

Canada's only known for three things :cry:

1.Hockey

2.Celine Dion

3.Hookers

You forgot beer, donuts and Bob and Doug Mackenzie!

I've gotta say BC. Can't beat the climate here. There are other places that have better MX but here in the southwest corner we don't really get a winter.

Vancouver! We got the best weather in Canada.

1.Hockey

2.Celine Dion

3.Hookers

You forgot Trailer Park Boys!!!!

BC Interior is a great place. I love it here.....

1.Hockey

2.Celine Dion

3.Hookers

The manager approved the deal, and the man went on his way. Later

the manager said to the boy, "I was impressed with the way you got

yourself out of that situation earlier. We like people who think on

their feet here. Where are you from, son?"

"Canada, sir," the boy replied.

"Well, why did you leave Canada?" the manager asked.

The boy said, "Sir, there's nothing but whores and hockey players

up there."

"Really?" said the manager. "My wife is from Canada."

"No s**t??" replied the boy. "Who'd she play for?"

Ontario's NOT the place to live.

We pay the most taxes, the most for property, the most for cost of living and have all the "new" Canadians landing here first.

Sure we have the largest populated city but who cares. With it comes the highest crime rate as well as the most ignorant people.

From my journeys around this vast country I'll have to pick the Sunshine Coast as well. There is nothing so beautiful as snow-capped mountains on the shores of the largest ocean in the world. Just gorgeous.

Banff is OK but a little to trendy (yuppie) for me.

Ontario's NOT the place to live.

We pay the most taxes, the most for property, the most for cost of living and have all the "new" Canadians landing here first.

Sure we have the largest populated city but who cares. With it comes the highest crime rate as well as the most ignorant people.

From my journeys around this vast country I'll have to pick the Sunshine Coast as well. There is nothing so beautiful as snow-capped mountains on the shores of the largest ocean in the world. Just gorgeous.

Banff is OK but a little to trendy (yuppie) for me.

You don't know sh*t about Banff

I would love to live in Vancouver. I don't know what the motorcycle riding is like but if I lived there I would be too busy riding my mountain bike anyway. They have the best, and most insane mountain biking you could imagine. Three good mountains right next to town and then there is Whistler 1.5 hours away. I know the climbing is supposed to be good along with most other outdoor sports.

The city also has some big city nightlife, is diverse, and there are lots of excellent places to eat (especially if you like Asian food). They won’t put you in jail with rapist and murderers for years for smoking a joint (doesn’t matter to me but if you are into that sort of thing it’s a plus).

People are friendly and much more active. Despite the rain it seems that everyone gets out. I always notice how few obese people I see up there, despite them having all the same fast food that we do. This means lots of good looking women, and they are not afraid to get out and do aggressive sports.

Downsides are a lower standard of living and taxes. Traffic can be bad in places. Despite what the Canadians think, there beer taste like piss compared to what the NW has. And of course it rains a lot.

You don't know sh*t about Banff

Maybe you could enlighten us instead of flaming me!! :cry:

Seems that when I lived in Calgary and would visit Banff on a weekly basis that I woulda picked up something!!

At that point in time it was very trendy with high-priced shops, expensive bars, more expensive restaurants and even more expensive hotels.

Have things gotten so much cheaper now that an average Canadian family can vacation there for a couple of weeks without bankrupting themselves?:cry:

For scenery and such - BC hands down

For the real world - Alberta hands down.

I'd have to agree!! :cry:

Alberta has no Provincial Tax, and more jobs than people to do them.

Last time I checked it takes some cash to keep the bikes running!!

We've got the east side of the Rockies to ride in, and way more sunshine than the West coast. Don't get me wrong the Pacific Coast is gorgeoous, but I'm not sure I could handle all the rain. It's easier to shovel snow off your driveway than pump water out of the basement!!