Sign in to follow this  

Uncorking a KLX 110

Recently modified a 110 without buying any aftermarket parts and what a difference. Drilled out the header washer, removed the muffler plug, opened up the air box, and rejetted. It pulls much, much harder. I wonder why the mfg. has it so plugged up off the showroom floor?

what did you do to the exhaust? take the spark arrestor assembly out or the endcap? the exh header washer - can it be pulled out or you have to drill it wider/out? i'm thinking of getting one for my 8yr old... probably have 'em ride it stock then open it up..... he's way too big for the 50cc now so....

but didn't want to do the honda 70/80s nor yami 90 'cause the klx110 is similar size and way bigger motor , that he can grow into...as i open it up more , in a year or so....

j.rho

03crf450r

02 yz250

03 drz250

04ttr125

03 xr50

02 pw50

klx110?

The muffler end cap can be modified to flow better by cutting off the existing internals and making a homemade spark arrestor screen. I just folded some steel mesh screen over the inner end cap and safety wired it. The header has a welded in reducer that needs to be drilled out. I took it to welding shop and they drilled it out for $20.00. It takes a huge bit and a drill press to do it easily. Where in CA are you located?