creatine

Creatine is a waste of money I think. It may give you a very slight affect. I've tried it for months. You'll have to stare long and hard in the mirror to see a difference. That's just my skeptical opinion though. ?

Instead I would try to eat all kinds of protien, and carbs with nutritional value. Eggs, chicken, beef, pork, tuna, salmon, shrimp, milk - nothing is better for your body than real food that is unprocessed. ?

if lifting isnt doing much your lifting like a *****, i started lifting everyday and running 4 days a week about 4 months ago. Since then i have gone from 145 to 170 lbs. Dont take creatine unless you have plateaued, and can not get stronger. If you wanna get stronger lift everyday, one day chest and tri's, second day back and bi's, the third shoulders, and lastly legs. Dont forget abs everyother.

Creatine is a waste of money I think.

I beg to differ. Creatine is one of the best supplements anyone can buy. There have been numerous studies that prove the benefits of creatine. It is relatively cheap compared to other supplements that don't have a proven track record.

I have taken and am currently taking creatine. I can always tell when I'm taking it, as my overall strength and endurance increases. Do some research and you will find out for yourself ?

No creatine is not worthless, but unless you have a sound diet and training regime, than it won't do much for you except make you look bloated.. It supplies you muscles with more water and in return you get bigger muscles but once you stop taking it all of your gains will go away... Their are good brands and crappy brands just like anything else.... Stay away from Muscle Tech's Cell-Tech though... PM me if you need more info on what you should buy.....

And no, creatine is not a steroid... Not even close...

Does caffeine have any affect on creatine?

If you do consume caffeine, you should probably drink a lot more water when on creatine.... You are already supposed to drink lot's of water when on creatine but when you use a caffeine product which is a dieretic (bad spelling) you need even more water...

I beg to differ. Creatine is one of the best supplements anyone can buy. There have been numerous studies that prove the benefits of creatine. It is relatively cheap compared to other supplements that don't have a proven track record.

I have taken and am currently taking creatine. I can always tell when I'm taking it, as my overall strength and endurance increases. Do some research and you will find out for yourself ?

I used creatine in the past. It worked very good for about 2 weeks and then I didnt notice anything. The best way for me was to cycle it. Take it for 2-3 weeks and then stop. Then in 2 months take it again. Otherwise I was just wasting money and product. When it works though, it works well. I used Phosphagen HP or Cell Tech. Those worked the best. You will retain water from it though. I gain alot of weight that I thought was muscle. When I quit taking it, I lost alot of it.

A researcher's opinion on creatine: I was working on an new Airdrop System for the Army several years ago. One of the personnel involved was a a researcher at ARIEM (Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine). He had impressive credentials, MD/PhD... He worked actively developing high performance nutrition and supplements for our Soldiers, especially the Special Ops gang. He stated that they would not allow their Special Ops guys to use creatine. They are willing to push theSpecial Ops guys really hard, and are willing to feed them some interesting supplements....but not creatine.

Apparently, there are a couple of papers floating around that indicate a possibility of premature cardiomyopathy caused by the use fo creatine. Not from overuse, but even a one time use. Seems that creatine overides the intracellular pressure regulation mechanism for ALL CELLS in the body. This includes the heart. Apparently there are some individuals whose tissues are not as elastic as others whose heart muscle tissue did not take kindly to this additional stress. Probably a rare occurrence, but significant enough for those persons.

That said, I have some close personal friends, one MD and one researcher, that swear by the stuff. They are both great athletes (if climbing 8,000 meter peaks is any measure) and they are believers. They site several other contradicting papers that support the successful use of creatine. So it goes in the scientific comunity.... However its efficacy varies greatly on an individual basis.

RH

I am a personal trainer and my best friend who I ride and train with is a sports conditioning coach and expert motocross rider. As a personal trainer he is my most valuable asset and we constantly talk about motocross training. Creatine is worthless when it comes to motocross. If you are lifting and not getting gains two things should come to mind. First you must very your routine. Second and MOST important is your diet. What are you eating or what are you not eating? If you are training with weights and a motocross rider you should be eating 4 to 5 meals a day. Save your money on the creatine.

A researcher's opinion on creatine: I was working on an new Airdrop System for the Army several years ago. One of the personnel involved was a a researcher at ARIEM (Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine). He had impressive credentials, MD/PhD... He worked actively developing high performance nutrition and supplements for our Soldiers, especially the Special Ops gang. He stated that they would not allow their Special Ops guys to use creatine. They are willing to push theSpecial Ops guys really hard, and are willing to feed them some interesting supplements....but not creatine.

Apparently, there are a couple of papers floating around that indicate a possibility of premature cardiomyopathy caused by the use fo creatine. Not from overuse, but even a one time use. Seems that creatine overides the intracellular pressure regulation mechanism for ALL CELLS in the body. This includes the heart. Apparently there are some individuals whose tissues are not as elastic as others whose heart muscle tissue did not take kindly to this additional stress. Probably a rare occurrence, but significant enough for those persons.

That said, I have some close personal friends, one MD and one researcher, that swear by the stuff. They are both great athletes (if climbing 8,000 meter peaks is any measure) and they are believers. They site several other contradicting papers that support the successful use of creatine. So it goes in the scientific comunity.... However its efficacy varies greatly on an individual basis.

RH

Army research and climbing peaks is not racing Motocross. Sorry what's good for the goose is not always good for Motocross.

the stuff i have tried is CYTOMAX and i'll tell you what, that stuff makes big hugh impact in your energy, i bought a hugh tub from gnc for under 25 bucks, and it last a long time

it really worok, you mix it with water, and drink it when you training and racing! and it really helps with your energey levels when your racing, and also helps with recovery!!! a must for any racer

also Jeremy McGrath uses it so i would guess it works!

it's some good stuff, really look in to it!!!!