Sign in to follow this  

I change my mind about getting a two smoker

I was thinking about selling my bike (ttr225) for a good used 125 two smoke, but I sorta changed my mind. Since I'll be working full time at a motorcycle dealer (hopefully) I thought about keepig my bike and saving up $1000 or $2000 and then sell my ttr225. I'm thinking about going back to the crf450 maybe a 2002 model. Are they usually worth around $3500 to $4000? Or maybe a yzf450, or maybe if the 250f's get down to a low enough price I'll look for one. Should I take this route and stay away from the 2 smokes, since I dont have any experience on those?

hey man you can get a sick 03 for $4000, The 03 model is a much better choice over the 02. But the gap in major advancements in between the 03 and 04 are not nearly as great as the gap between 02 and 03 models. And make sure that you try out both of those bikes before you buy one because you might like the 2 stroke more.

i would personally rather have a 250 two smoke than a ttr225. you can pick up pretty sweet 250s for really cheap. at least that way you'd have a bike with lots of power and sweet suspension, and you wouldn't have to put as much money into it. but if you do decide to wait, the crf is definately the sweetest bike ever. either way, ditch the ttr dude. :cry:

) I'm thinking about going back to the crf450 maybe a 2002 model.?

SO your saying that you had a 450 and went to a TTR 225??

Why did you sell the 450??

Yes I did have a 450, an 03 model. I had to sell it when something in the bottom end broke and we had no money to fix it, so I sold it for a couple thousand. This was all before my uncle in Georgia died, and I was dying to have another good bike, I live close to the Virginia border 25 miles from Norfolk and I been finding alot of good bikes for sale in the local trading post. Just about all the bikes in it were in Virginia and dad didn't want to go up their. That really pissed me off cause in my area just about everyone ride quads, I rarely ever see a bike for sale. Most of the bikes I see are mini bikes. But the 225 was the best one I could find close to our house, so we got it for $2000. Its a 2003 model. This thing bores me to death now. I want to go on a mx track but I'm afraid it might break in half. I need power too, I cant hardly do a wheelie on it. I think an 02 would be good enough though.

the 2002 will have plenty of power for ya. they had some issues, but if you get a bike that has had the issues delt with, you'll be fine. the suspension on the 03s was way better though.