Sign in to follow this  

jetting or valve issue ??bogs when hot???

hello I am confused (as so many others) but I thought I was finally done w/ mods when I installed my full yosh(thanks TT store :cry: ) it runs GREAT and snappy when cold but after some serious single track,first gear, Georgia woods riding (durhamtown) the bike begins to seemingly run rich and bog at low- off idle- revs.:cry: It runs fine when the revs increase but all of the snap is gone off-idle after it heats up?? :cry: a local thought maybe it was the valves but ??? should I try a smaller pilot?

ANY guidance would be great !

2001 S 14/49 DJ kit(140/25 4th), Kientech fuel screw 2 turns out ,airbox mod, K&N (woods) UNI (dust) yosh rs3 w/tec insert,engine ice

mcct..

min 46% and up today slogging through georgia wetlands and swamps (seriously)

i just had the bi tech and the intake hotcam installed and the shop that did it checked the valves and said that they were 'in the middle of where they should be BUT I have not rechecked them since the cam was installed (150 miles) but the yosh was on it's first run today..anyway as usual I change too much stuff at once:( so I call on you to save me!

THANKS!

Sounds like you're too rich. Like Burned said, 3rd clip. Or you could go to a smaller main jet.

3rd clip is now tried and true!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :p:):)

next mod maybe...recluse??

2001 drz 400S Yellow (also have black 3.9 clarke and black plastic) 2002 forks(3/4" up) ,race tech springs,tag clamps/cr high bars fastway guards/mount ,scotts stabilizer ,spider grips,cycra front guard,heavy moose tubes,factory pro clutch cover,tonns skidplate, baja designs shifter armor plate,moose shifter,RED unabiker guards,wolfman tank bag,tom slick rack,moose front and rear fender bags,,gel seat ,kouba 1,devol rear disc guard,scotts chain guard,rk gold ,renthal 14/48 ufo w/built in signals,IMS pegs,works connection frame guards,bi tech mcct, DJ kit(140/25 4th),,,,, Pirelli mt44/31,Kientech fuel screw ,airbox mod,Engine ice, K&N (woods) UNI (dust) s-steel oil filter

Hotcams intake,NGK "K" plug,custom front fenders and rear shock splash guards made from black duct tape,custom safety wire from brake pedal to frame,baja designs brighter headlight bulb,.....