Sign in to follow this  

Ocotillo Wells with a "newb" on 2/12?

Is anyone interested in hitting Ocotillo Wells this Saturday (2/12) for a day trip? I just got a new bike and I want to get some desert riding in while the weather is nice. However, I have to warn you, it has been quite a while since I have been on a bike...so it may take me a little time to regain my confidence. If you are impatient with beginners...you probably wont want to ride with me. I got several offers last weekend but couldn't make it because my schedule got screwed up. Thanks to all who sent me PMs last weekend. As an added incentive...I will buy the first round when we get back to San Diego for putting up with me!! The bottom line is...I want to ride realllly bad! In case it matters, I will be riding a CRF250R. Thanks for helpin' out a new guy. :cry:

Jeff

Ocotillo Wells is a great place to get back into riding. I'm sure you'll have a great time... Have fun.

Is anyone interested in hitting Ocotillo Wells this Saturday (2/12) for a day trip? I just got a new bike and I want to get some desert riding in while the weather is nice. However, I have to warn you, it has been quite a while since I have been on a bike...so it may take me a little time to regain my confidence. If you are impatient with beginners...you probably wont want to ride with me. I got several offers last weekend but couldn't make it because my schedule got screwed up. Thanks to all who sent me PMs last weekend. As an added incentive...I will buy the first round when we get back to San Diego for putting up with me!! The bottom line is...I want to ride realllly bad! In case it matters, I will be riding a CRF250R. Thanks for helpin' out a new guy. :cry:

Jeff

I'd love to go, but I'm an ACTUAL newbie!LOL I've logged about 3hrs total now on my new(and first) bike. You can catch me sayin,"so, which one is the clutch?"LOL. Have fun!! I'll hit you up after I've broken(literally) myself in, so I don't slow you down.

OK, I'm in. Hopefully I can keep up with the two new guys. Jploski, you live in San Marcos right? Do you want to ride out together?

We need to figure out a time and place to meet anyone that goes. We could meet at the Desert Rose, or the first ranger station, or what ever you guys think.

Weeee, I am glad to hear you are going to join us. I just talked to brraaaAA and he is in also. I was thinking of getting to Ocotillo Wells between 8am and 9am to get in as much riding as possible. Me and you could drive up together as you suggested, just let me know when and where you want to meet. As for meeting anyone else who is going, you tell me where would be best and how to get there (desert rose, ranger station, etc.), since me and brraaaAA are not familiar with the area. Talk to you soon. If you want to discuss the details in person, send me a PM and I will give you my cell number.

Jeff

p.s. If you know any other TT folks that want to join us...feel free to send off an invite. The more the better!

How about if we meet by the bathrooms that are by the ranger station. They are on the north side of the road. Its pretty easy to find. If you get to the airport, you have gone too far.

Is 9:00 good?

9:00am Saturday at the bathrooms sounds good! I'll be in a Silver Toyota Tacoma with a shiny new CRF in the back...so you know who/what to look for. See you then.

Jeff

Is everyone still a go? I just don't want to end up standing in Ocotillo by myself because everyone else decided to skip due to rain and not tell me!! :cry:

Me and a couple guys are heading out Sunday instead. Let the rain pass.

Me and a couple guys are heading out Sunday instead. Let the rain pass.

I'd be up for that in a heartbeat! It's the best thing to do I think. I just don't want to bail on everyone else if they are still going tomorrow.