Sign in to follow this  

low profile after market seat

Can anyone tell me where I can get a quality after market low profile seat for

my 05 CRF450, I'm a short 5ft 6in , I saw pics of Ricky Carmichels cut down seat, but I think I would like to buy a complete one and put the stock seat away. :cry:

I dont think any company actually sells a seat with a ridge cut in it, thats something you have to do yourself to make it shorter. Just take a blade and shave out some of the foam.

its harder then it looks, and very messy. you have to be patient and be good with your hands :cry:

I did mine on my KX125, and will for my CR250... Im 5'10 or 5'11 :cry:

but I didnt need it because iwas short, I wanted it lower mainly can cans...even tho i've yet to actually do one hehe.

Actually there is somone who sells the "steped" seats, or you can send them your seat and tell them what you want, and they will cut the foam down and put a gripper seat cover or whatever you want back on. They also make graphics for MX bikes. Ceet Racing. They charge $129.00 for the complete steped seat. Or call them at 1-760-758-0212 or 1-760-518-5400 for a custom made seat.

I found this in Issuse #4 of cycle news page 62 and 63. :cry:

I removed the cover on mine and cut the foam with an electric knife and put the cover back on.Save the piece you cut off and you can glue it back on if you ever want it back to stock. :cry: