Sign in to follow this  

DURABILITY OF crf250r ????

Hi, i have posted before trying to get an idea of the technical pros and cons of the crf250 v. the yz250f, and now i am curious as to how good a crf250 holds up. is it a well built, durable bike? i know my friend thinks his 04 yz250f is built like a tank. I have a yz125 and know that no bike will last without typical maintenance but how much if any harder is the honda to work on. i would appreciate so info from some of you crf250r owners and especiallly racers who beat the hell out of em-how do they hold up.

i appreciate the help, thanks

Ben #256

I have a yz125 and know that no bike will last without typical maintenance but how much if any harder is the honda to work on.

I don't have personal experience with the Yammi, but the Honda twin spar frame is set up for easy access to the top end. I've read that the Yammi is far harder to work on because of the frame routing.

The Head is the hardest part of working on a thumper. Other than that its pretty much the same a a two stroke. If done many a top ends on 2 strokes and did a re-ring on my 450 last year and it had more room to work around with the twin spar frame for sure.

as far as durability of the 250, cant tell ya, Ive only got like an hour on mine :cry:

After I get home shes gonna get ridden hard though :cry: