Sign in to follow this  

Johns peak info, please

Roseburgs new club U.L.T.R.A is going to be having a club ride down there this saturday , I would like to leave here friday nite and camp down there all weekend but... i hate pulling my trailer up kane cr road and i cant get up to the parking lot from the other side either due to the big ditches in the road . i seen some places last time i was there, on the creek that looked like it would be good camping (not kane cr ) , is this ok to camp there , or maybe there are other places we dont know about , we are in a ex cab pu and a 34 footer toy hauler , so its not the best to manuver around in the hills , or am i going to have to bite the big one and haul it up kane cr rd ? any info helps , and thank you .

John

John,

If you go on thru Jacksonville, past the Reservoir road and continue on until Forest Creek (about 5 miles) Turn right and go to the big old gravel pit. A lot of riders unload there. You are way down from where you had the head-on last year but once you get up farther you will probably recognize the area. If you ride up the road to the fork, go straight ahead and things will start to look familiar. The only draw back is you are on a county road and there is always the possibility of a ticket if there is a deputy in the area. :cry:

Jim

Thank you Jim, it looks like I will be down there on saturday with the club , but will not be camping out due to my kids being sick with colds , i will check around and see what i can find , thanks again.

john