Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125 jetting issues

hi, i was hopeing yall could help me. i rejeted my ttr for an opened air box .all i did was back-out the main jet and the pilet (fuel) screw out about 1/2 to 3/4 turn. when i reinstalled the carb, gas was pouring out of the float bowl vent. Does anyone have a solution or the stock jetting numbers (turns)? :cry: all help is appreciated.

tighten the main jet and pilot jet back up!

the air/fuel screw is the only one you back out or in...about 2.5 turns out is where it comes stock.

If you took the snorkel off and cut the box...

you need a larger pilot (17.5)

and larger main (110-115)

I totally agree with the last post. You should make sure all your jets are screwed down nice and snug. If you are trying to mod the bike go for the above mentioned jets....17.5 pilot and 110-115 main. The fuel mixture screw at the front bottom of the carb should be seated (turned counter clockwise till bottomed) and then turn it clockwise (open it) two full turns to be safe. The snorkel and airbox cutout is the way to go or you can cut the entire top plate out the airbox and it will run well with the same carb settings. I would also remove the screen and get an airfilter that flows more than stock. Keep in mind if you successfully complete these mods and don't do anything to your exhaust the potential gains will remain bottled up in the restrictive stock exhaust. Take your time and ask questions, a lot of the guys on here know that bike like the back of their hand. Another thing, be careful to not mess with the floats. Good luck :cry: