Sign in to follow this  

MX racing classes

What does the A,B,C mean ? is like

A = expert

B = Novoice

C = Begginer

Except some areas have no beginner class, then the "D" and "C" are combined.

The AMA used to govern those classes by allowing you a certain amount of time in each class, before requiring you to move up. Now, they have a National Advancement System that uses accumulated points.

Except some areas have no beginner class, then the "D" and "C" are combined.

The AMA used to govern those classes by allowing you a certain amount of time in each class, before requiring you to move up. Now, they have a National Advancement System that uses accumulated points.

which is bs because you can stay in C class forever if you skip a few races in your district. Gotta love those 10 year c-class racers... :cry:

Gotta love those 10 year c-class racers... :cry:

Some people stay at that level cause they honestly suck. Some people just never improve due to laziness, and that's almost impossible when you consider how advanced bikes have become.

which is bs because you can stay in C class forever if you skip a few races in your district. Gotta love those 10 year c-class racers... :cry:

Not nesasarly true either. The race promoter at a given track, say one you race at often, can bring you placings up for x amount of races and check. If you are doing good and placing ,say top 3 or so a lot they can get with the district and make suggestions you be moved up. Do not let the ol skip a race here and there, just to stay out of the top average, fool ya. I have seen it happen many times.. :cry: yes I live with a race promoter so been there done that :cry: Yes promoter talk to one another and compare notes..

There are two completely different schools of thought on rider advancement.

One said after "X" amount of time, you should move up. The flip side says that some (as was mentioned above) simply do not improve enough to compete at the next level. Those guys will likely quit after being thrashed week after week, so they advocate a points system by which riders move up on ability, not time.

So, it is a definately a debatable subject on which method works. One thing is for sure, the perfect fix for eliminating sandbagging has not yet been created.

Sorry guys, didn't do my homework like I should have. Let me rephrase. In Minnesota, where I race, that's how it works. I'll try to do better next time. BTW-Second year C-class rider here. :cry:

I am sorry I have to revamp my last statement. The D class is a track level class not reconized by the district here. The C class is a beginners class. The AMA now controls the move ups not the district. A move from c to b class is a 10.0 average and if you think about that it would not take alot of races to get that unless like said earler the rider just sucks and is always getting lapped. :cry:

Ouch! You guys are kind of harsh. I thought I made a lot of improvements last year and my rpv was only like 8 or something. If I'm still in the C-class after this year I quit. Or, maybe I'll just move to B-class for the hell of it. BTW-Never been lapped. :cry: