Sign in to follow this  

Are the two compatable?

When it comes to sprockets are the E and S interchangeable? Of course, the teeth are different. My question is, can I order "e" sprockets for my s?

Thanks,

Dan

When it comes to sprockets are the E and S interchangeable? Of course, the teeth are different. My question is, can I order "e" sprockets for my s?

Thanks,

Dan

YES :cry:

don't forget to use the 100% pure conversion oil!............kidding

I think the only major bolt on difference is the exhaust pipe. You need to order S specific if going after market. Other then that ofcourse the s has the extended sub frame/s stuff. Wheels, bolts, are the same... in 2000/2001 they didn't give us S guys the good suspenion compoents but thats a whole other story.

Hey Gyro! Do you recommend a full conversion oil or just a conversion blend? :cry: Thanks guys for the info! I figured the 2 bikes would match up pretty good.

Dan

I think the only major bolt on difference is the exhaust pipe. You need to order S specific if going after market.

You can easily make an aftermarket E exhaust pipe fit an S, you just loose a peg (passenger not rider's :cry: )

well and you need an adapter to make it snug up all nice and tight. But that can be made pretty easy.

OH and while were talking about interchangable things.

A 2004 RM 125 front fender is exchangable onto your drz. Neat eh? Its a pretty fender too. The mounting holes are the same exactly.

i am wondering if he should use fully synthetic conversion oil or will mineral be ok :cry:

Ugh... Okay people its obvious.

Fully sythetic if you worry more about the shape of your engine then the shape of your belly.

Mineral if you are a health nut.

Pam if you are in a pinch and the store are closed. The woman of the house should have some around somewhere.

You don't have to loose the peg. I didn't anyway. I made a clamp to press the pipe mount against the subframe using a bolt through the original hole. Easy and works great....and my 6 year old son still gets to have a ride. :cry: