Sprocket Installation??

I will be replacing both front and rear sprockets and chain on my 02XR400 this week for the first time. When replacing the rear sprocket should I buy new nylock nuts or can I reuse the old ones? also should I use locktight if so which one? and last how easy will the stock chain come off thanks guys....

I'm the resident TT Loctite Factory Rep from Louisiana.

Nylock insert nuts are designed to be used only once. After the first use and removal, the nylon insert becomes deformed and does not provide the same breakloose torque and prevailing loosening torque as they do when new.

Nothing on these bikes needs more than 242 Blue Liquid or the new 248 Blue Threadlocker Stick.

Either of the blue threadlockers will be just fine for mounting your new sprocket and you'll be able to remove it when needed.

One Piece Bikes Rule.

Dirty

Throw away the old nuts, new ones are cheap. You can get metric lockers at most hardware stores if you cant get them at your dealer. The stock O-ring chain has a press fit masterlink and takes a little work to get off. When you put your new one on the master will also be a press fit, you can buy a tool to press it on or a lot of guys just use a pair of vise-grips. Not a big job either way, just takes a little time. Good Luck,

Steve ?