230 $hit suspension

enough balls that i can jump it about 10 ft high (with a downslope) and not have it completley bottomm out lol and my dad and i have discussed it and i cant get a new bike, i cant afford it and he wont go halfers on a new bike with me.

Have you adjusted the preload on the rear? Some guys like it all the way turned down but I found 10mm of preload with the stock spring to work pretty well. Try that first! ?

I'll let somebody else give you a ride report on the BBR rear spring.

I have the Works Performance Rear shock which is spendy $530 but I don't want my money back I love it. Try to get 10% discount on parts from the dealer you bought the bike from.

For the front you can preload the fork springs by placing some stainless washers (1" - 1 1/8" outside diameter) under the fork caps. Some like over a 1" stack. I'd recommend trying 3/4" for you since you're jumping.

OH! Power. Have you uncorked the bike yet? If not refer to the sticky at the top of the forum. Best bang for the buck.

?

10 feet high with a downslope. Sounds to me like you have no idea how to ride. Yes the 230 suspension is soft, yes the motor is nimble (how it was ment to be) but with the right rider, it's possible. You need to hit the jump with some good speed and either have enough speed to hit the downhill landing fast enough to absorb the impact, your rev your bike in the air to pull the front wheel up a few inches so your shock hits it first. If all of that does not work, I went with the BBR springs front and back, they are harsh on the trails (until you get used to them) but they are nice for the jumps.

I did what Toast said to do, preloaded the front forks 3/4in, and 10mm of preload on the rear. Definately stiffer. Suspension travel is your worst enemy on these bikes, its about 4 inches less than the motorcorss bikes. If you look at the specs, spring stiffness is similar to motorcross bikes. You could always buy cartridge emulators and a Works shock and spring.

A while ago, Toast helped me with a suggestion that might help you. Take out the forks and put sand in them. Right up to the rim!!! ?

10 feet? hahaha. Dude, you got the wrong bike. I guess if Evel Knievel can jump a fat harley over 13 buses, anything is possible. Hummm? Than again, Evel can't walk anymore and he must have landed pretty hard on the nads because his son, Robbie, is no genius.

I did say sand to the rim, didn't I? Just checking. ?

whats up with your name??

Toast is the self depricating name I gave myself a few years ago at a LAN fest. I was the "newbie" & figured I was going to be toast. Well I did ok but kept the name. How long is a name like "newcrfowner" gonna make sense?

Just like I like the name Toast I like the 230. It's always under estimated even snickered at. I like pushing guys on twice the bike. It's nice to hear things like, "that's not near stock is it?" Of course there's some I ride with that could probably push me with an XR100. ?

Oh, & ALWAYS be on the gas during a landing. That may be part of the problem on the landings.

Do you have a "service manual" yet? You'll want a service manual & torque wrench before working on your bike.

?

IF YOU HAVENT HEARD ALREADY BBR MAKE A 30 PERCENT UPGRADE

FROM STOCK STIFFNESS ON BOTH FRONT AND REAR SPRINGS. BOTH KITS SELL FOR UNDER A 100.00 $ EACH SET (CHEAP) ALSO BBR MAKES A TRIPLE

CLAMP ($?) NOT VERY EXPENSIVE. TO GIVE YOU 1 MORE INCH TRAVEL. EASY TO FIND. CONTACT YOU LOCAL MX DEALER OR CRF PAGES. I DO'IN IT RIGHT

NOW I KEEP BLOWING TOP SEALS IN THE FRONT AND BACK END DROP OUTS HURT..GREAT BIKES THUMPS LIKE MAD..C-YA ?