Sign in to follow this  

CRF 150 stock Muffler???

I have been reading these threads all ****in night. They all tell me to take out the baffle and remove the airbox restrictor under the seat. Here is the question. I ride in dez all the time, and dusty places 24/7, will taking out the restrictor cause any damage in that area? Also, I would like to think about a thumper chamber. If I take out my restrictor, take out baffle, and install chamber, will jetting be an issue? :cry:

Also, will increasing my idle make my bike start closer to the first try or not?

Jonny

I have been reading these threads all ****in night. They all tell me to take out the baffle and remove the airbox restrictor under the seat. Here is the question. I ride in dez all the time, and dusty places 24/7, will taking out the restrictor cause any damage in that area? Also, I would like to think about a thumper chamber. If I take out my restrictor, take out baffle, and install chamber, will jetting be an issue? :cry:

Also, will increasing my idle make my bike start closer to the first try or not?

Jonny

Dont worry about searching the forums.... JUst ask :cry:

Your airfilter will most likely get ALOT dirtier if you ride in dusty places 24/7 but no harm will come from that. I do not know what a thumper chamber is though.... :cry: .... The Snorkel (air restrictor as you refer to it) and baffle and put the chamber ( :cry: ) yes you will have to jet and correct the fuel screw ratio ... and it will make your bike start easier as well... AND WELCOME TO TT

Idle speed has no affect on starting itself. Once the engine settles into the idle it makes more difference. Like after it's started and trying to idle.

The stock muffler is a turd. It's heavy, over-baffled has a poor flow path. The headpipe to muffler pipe junction necks down also. Get any aftermarket one. They all flow enough.

The snorkel won't decrease the dust. It'll only keep the water off the filter.