Sign in to follow this  

Scotts kit installed? (Stabilizer + triple clamps + bar)

Is it hard to install? How long am I looking at? Any advices? Any mistakes should I avoid? Thanks for the help!

Sounds like your going with fat bars. Not hard at all. Just take your time and pull all your levers off the old bar and transfer them to the new bars. I use anti-seize on the pinch bolts in the triple clamp and be careful tightening. I've heard of some using a torque wrench and having problems. I just do it by feel.

Might be a good time to grease your steering stem bearings while your at it.

If you don't have fat bars and have a cross bar, you can pull the arm off the bottom of the damper and turn it 180 degrees so your damper will essentially mount backwards. It allows the damper and controls to miss the crossbar. Looks cleaner than a bent crossbar.

Thanks for the tips! Yes I'm going for the fat bar. I'm gonna take my time and to it step by step then... What "enduro stuff" do you have on your 04 CRF250X?

The usual protection stuff, handguards, skidplate etc. Scotts damper, Panoram computer, although I dont' use it for enduro, just for tracking miles & hours. I still use a clock, odo and roll chart for enduro, yea I know, stone age. I like getting on a minute with someone with a computer though. I also just got a z-start and I run a trials tire most of the time. Add to that my WER suspension and it's a great enduro bike. Oh, and soon to be 270 also. :cry:

Here's a pic of mine with the original mount. I have since updated to the newer mount which is much better. It wraps around the steering head now under the upper triple clamp. Much easier to install, no drilling and tapping.

Scotts_mount.jpg