Anyone ever "street legal" a quad?

Has anyone ever done this? I remember seeing a dirt mag from "back in the day" that showed a pic of a quad with a lic plate on the back pulling a wheelie off a street light. Ive got a Banshee(i know bad choice for a street project) that id love to try it to. I figure to title it as a bike it has to have at least turn signals/headlight/stoplight/mirrors. Im pretty sure to do it as a dune buggy it has to have a windshield with a windshield wiper, which would look pretty lame on a Banshee. Im not sure about wheelbase limitations for either clssification, or whether having 4 wheels would rule it out as being a "bike". I guess they license trikes somehow. I cant imagine that you can weld up a berrien buggy frame or a mail order chopper and get it legal, and not be able to license a 4 wheeler. Anyone have any experience or ideas about this? Im in Michigan btw if that matters. ?

There was a guy on Long Island NY that made his street legal. But he had to make it a trike first. Motorcycles are considered 2-3 wheels so he got rid of the rear 2 and put in one. Used some street bike swing arm. It was cool looking.

I think wyo and montana are the two easiest states for quads..

I guess South Dakota should be added here. I don't have one, but have seen DOZENS, and one of the guys I work with has done it. In fact, the horn he used was one of those squeezing horns with the big bulb in the back...things that make you go hmm...