Sign in to follow this  

lowered seat

Anybody running a lowered seat? I'm looking for a good aftermarket lowered seat.

I've read about cutting the seat foam but I'm looking for something done nice. I've cut seat foam before and the results were less than outstanding.

If not a thinner seat, what's the best way to lower a crf250x. I've read alot of the threads about lowering and I'm still not convinced on how to do it.

I figure a thinner seat would be the cheapest and best way since it didn't mess with the suspension at all.

I originally was going to cut my foam, but when I took the cover off I realized it wasn't the way to go. Not alot of foam, and what was there was soft. I did cut some foam I had lying around to fit and tried it but didn't like it. Messed up the ergos and wasn't comfortable.

So, I decided I wanted the bike lowered but not the seat. It was just too comfortable. After 4-5 years on uero bikes, I appreciated the Honda seat. I sent mine out to WER and had it lowered 1 1/2". It was spendy, almost $500 but it was resprung, revalved, new seals, new compression springs and lowered. Now it fits me perfectly and with a few clicks I can take it to the roughest rockiest trails and have pure plushness or out to the track to air it out. (no big air for me though) It's that good!

Here is another option if it fits the X. lowered set foam . If it's new you might want to give it some time to settle in. I don't regret having mine lowered after 30 years of riding bikes that were too tall.

Yeah, I already checked that Durelle place. That foam they have there is only for the R model. He said they're testing one for the X right now and might have something in a few months. I was just hoping someone else made one.

I think I might wait and see how the seat comes out before I take the big plunge into suspension lowering.

Hey, My X is a year old this week. Not the first problem w/the engine. I lowered my bike the first week I owned it. I installed a Kouba Link on the rear, and dropped the front forks the same amount to maintain geometry. It handles great and it INCREASED my rear suspension travel. $100.00 There are those that do not agree that this is a good way to lower the X. I have nothing against the opinions of others, but it worked great for me and was the cheapest way. Clint

I did the Kouba Link and love it. That dropped the rear by 1 1/2", and I slid the forks up in the crown about 1/2", just shy of hitting the bars. The bike steers great.

My seat hasn't ever softened up or settled in. If you cut the foam you will lower the seat, but change the fit to the pegs. I tried my friends KTM that had the seat cut and the sub-frame lowered 1/2" and the pegs were now a deep knee bend when sitting. Uncomfortable, and a strain to stand up from the sitting position. You can cut the sub-frame 10mm, and re-weld it, on your bike easily. They talked about it in Dirt Rider Mag, Jan '05.

I think the Kouba Link is the easiest way to go, and doesn't mess up the overall fit of the bike. http://www.koubalink.com/crf.html Go with the CRF-2, 1 1/2" model.

i am 5'7" and i cut my seat on my R. i cut it about two inches or maybe three. to me it feels alot better than stock not only in swinging my leg over the bike but also sitting down because it is now wider than before. it also only cost me 5 bucks for some vinyl to reupholster it. one of these days i will modify my stock cover so it fits my new seat and looks stock. I also dont think it is an uncomfortable distance between the seat and the pegs now. feels better to me. :cry: