Sign in to follow this  

The Bed Buddy Pro LT By: CCR SPORT???

Anyone ever use one of these things? You know what they are right??? A system that fits along the front of your truck bed to prevent bowing of the bed.... This system is selling for $135.00 so if any of you have ever used one let me know what you think of it....

I don't have one but I knew a guy who made one way back in 92/93 before anyone was selling them he said it would cost about $25 to make one for me (back then) but that he made his from scrap metal in about 2 hours.

If you can weld or know someone who can you could save yourself alot of $$$. :cry:

I have been wanting to make my own out of 6" channel iron. This way it can hold my bike's front tire ( CRF450 ) and my boys ( CRF50 ) at the same time.

I see the CMP advertised for @ $65 in Rocky Mountain and/or Dennis Kirk. I don't know if they are available here at the TT store or not. :cry:

I ran across one of these from Spectrum Sportbar in a review in MXA and liked what I saw. The part that attaches to the bed is a piece of UniStrut, available everywhere for about $1 a foot. I did order one of their bikeshoes for about $30 and now I'm good to go. Any extra tie down points are available for UniStrut in either regular steel or stainless and the 1 5/8" Unistrut is WAAAAAY stronger than anything else available for the same price. All total I've got about $45 into it including stainless hardware to bolt the strut to the truck.

Thanks, so from what I have read i'd be better off $$$ wise to build my own... Now if I just had a welder..... Hmmm.. What time does Sears open???