Sign in to follow this  

Trade my S for an E?

I love my 2001 S. I can get a great deal on a very low km 2000 E model. The E would not be hard to plate where I live. Is the performance difference in motor/suspension worth the trouble? Can I put the S subframe on the E?Thanks.

Yes, the suspension is better on the early E model's compared to the S, and the carb is also more desireable. And, yes, you can switch the subframes from your S to the E. Go for it! :cry:

The only thing you'll need to watch out for is the exhaust mount on the S is different on the subframe. You'll need to make an adapter or replace the E exhaust with an aftermarket pipe for an S.

Cheers

Ian

What treefuzz, errrrr aspencop :cry: , said is very true. If reasonable I think I'd do it. And as for the E/S exhaust thing.......... :cry:

I have a FMF slip on my S. So you think that I can put it on the E with the S subframe?

You may have a problem getting it to fit on the head pipe of the E since it is larger in diameter. Then again there may be a shim in the end of the slip on to allow it to fit on the S. Someone, perhaps you, with the pipe will have to take it off and look to see.