Sign in to follow this  

Shorty's Please Read!!!!!

I have a 30 inch inseam and own 2 bikes 2004 CRF250 and Now a 2004 CRF450

On my 250 I tip toe in my gear and cannot touch both feet on the ground in sneakers.

I bought the Kouba Lowering link ( It is a longer arm thats all). They claim it lowers the bike 1.7 inches Wow sounds great right. Well I sit on it and without boots on I am tiptoed with gear and am on the balls of my feet in boots.

For off road riding in softens the rear considerably and feels plush, but for mx you need a stiffer spring and crank up the compression and back off the rebound. So for MX I just took off the link and tip toed. I was looking for a used 450 and a friend of a friend that is an A rider vet was getting out of the sport. The bike had alot of cool "Bling" and was very well maintained. I picked it up never sitting on it or anything. Well I washed it so I could regrease it and check vavles ect. I then sat on it to start it and wow. I was almost Flat footed in sneakers! I called him and asked whats up. He told me factory Connection Lowered it 1/2 inch at both ends and could do an inch but no recommended for MX. I will be sending my crf250 back again for a re,revalve to lower it the same. Also I cut the seat K-Dub style and it is even sweeter! Hope this helps. PS Corner speed is a gear higher!!

By the way MX tech did my KTM 520 back in 2002 and it worked sooooo much better. they also can lower suspension up to an inch reversibly. I simply never asked anyone to do this as I did not know it could be done well.

Should have looked at RC'c and Bubba's bikes closer.

How did they lower it 1/2" on both ends???? I'm short too and I just bought an 05 crf250x and it really is too tall for me. I'm looking into the kouba link but I'm not riding true mx. I'm riding the trails out in the greater Phoenix area but there are some pretty significant hills,whoops etc. So would you recomend the kouba link in my case or what you're doing to your 250? Thanks Dan

flyboy757200@yahoo.com

How tall are you? Im 5'4 and I ride a RM125 and its a little tricky sometimes...I was going to trim the seat alittle bit, not an FMX trim but maybe take a little off the top. Is the kouba lowering link for trail riding only? I'd look into it, but i don't want to minimize the travel, as I tend to like bigger jumps..