Sign in to follow this  

AMT's billet cam chain tensioner.

I think I will buy that. I have been trying to find a manual tensioner for a while..... my 02 is getting high on hours

Anyone know of a reason not to??

Question for you guys.....I never heard about the tensioners failing.....my motor is all rebuilt, what is going on with this?

The 02 and 03 tensioners are the ones with the major problems, most people just buy the 04 tensioner and call it good. But people who ride high in the RPMs like to have a manual tensioner, just to be safe.

Anyone know how to contact AMT research?

The phone number on the e-bay ad is cleverly concealed and my web searchs are turning up nothing. I don't want to hassle with an auction. I want one now!

Anyone know how to contact AMT research?

The phone number on the e-bay ad is cleverly concealed and my web searchs are turning up nothing. I don't want to hassle with an auction. I want one now!

I wanted to do the same thing. Even did a search on the net and came up with nothing. :cry:

Did any of you guys read the installation instructions for that thing? I thought them odd.

Why wouldnt you just back the thing off all the way, bolt it on and then set the tension gently by hand?

this is my method of adjusting them in drz's and the sport bikes i use them in.

install the manual tensioner.turn the adjuster in till you feel tension.start the motor.with the motor at idle slowly back the adjuster off till you hear the chain rattle.then go slowly back in just till the rattle goes away.tighten down the nut and go.

I received my AMT manual tensioner last night.

I will try to post close up pics if i can borrow a camera at work.

Here is the information from his business card:

Cliff Taylor (owner)

CT3 Motor Sports?

12461 Single Oak Road

Fredericksburg, VA 22407

(540)845-5779

here it is

AMTtensioner.jpg

Do I see the head of the main bolt drilled for safety wire or do my eyes deceive me?

If so thats double sweet!!

It's drilled like that for the rollpin that holds the bolt head on. On end has to be removable, how do you think they could get the bolt through the aluminum block?

Norcal is right.

If you look at the entire assembly:

I think it is simply a bolt with a large head that was turned down on a lathe or something? Then they put it thru the machined Al piece,put a lock nut on, and then a second nut on the end for adjustment. Permanantly fixed the nut by drilling and putting in roll pin.

at least that's my guess

Norcal is right.

I think it is simply a bolt with a large head that was turned down on a lathe or something? Then they put it thru the machined Al piece,put a lock nut on, and then a second nut on the end for adjustment. Permanantly fixed the nut by drilling and putting in roll pin.

at least that's my guess

I hope you've got it right. Thats good if the part inside the motor is one solid peice. Nothin to come off and jam stuff up.

BTW, I called Cliff this morning and got one coming for my 02. As soon as he gets the 05 version done ones going in my 05 too. He said he knew of one 04 that failed and ruined the new KW valve job that it had recently had. Sounded like exactly what happened to my 02.

Norcal is right.

at least that's my guess

That's exactly what they did. If it was me I would have used a finer thread.