Sign in to follow this  

Dr D. quiet insert

I have a Dr D pipe, and I also got the insert to make it quieter. I never put in the insert, but I'm wondering if I did, would I notice a marked difference in performance, or sound?? The insert looks basically like it's just a tapered tube, with the screen. :cry::cry:

Thanks,

Steve

You will notice a decrease in sound and power. The power difference isn't as bad as some others I've tried. Namely the Yosh.

I have a Dr D pipe, and I also got the insert to make it quieter. I never put in the insert, but I'm wondering if I did, would I notice a marked difference in performance, or sound?? The insert looks basically like it's just a tapered tube, with the screen. :cry::cry:

Thanks,

Steve

The insert worked well enough to get me past the Forestry Service guys up in Michigan. They have a sound limit <= 96 dB's. I didn't notice much of a performance difference when I used it.

You have the thing sitting in front of you?

Put it in and find out for yourself.

Is it possible to be any lazier?

You have the thing sitting in front of you?

Put it in and find out for yourself.

Is it possible to be any lazier?

It's actually not in front of me, I'm at work. What do you think though. Is the quietness worth the power loss?? Just an objective question....unless you want to come on up to swap it out for me?? Now that would be lazy.... :cry:

but really any impressions subjectively, or objective facts would be nice...

Is the quietness worth the power loss??

If you don't have to use it don't use it. But if you're going to ride on public lands and the DNR requires a spark arrestor and 96dB's then you either use it and ride or don't.

:cry: