Sign in to follow this  

who has a big bore kit, what brand, and how do you like it?

I am trying to decide between a KX-250F and the CRF250 with a big bore. I ride around 4000ft elevation most of the time, but I do trail ride a tad as high as 8000ft. I spend most of my time on the track and ride the vet class with a bunch of 450's. I like the power of the 450, but I am faster and don't get near as tired on the 250. I need more power for the holeshot to Run with the 450's so I am thinking of a big bore. What do you think? Thanks in advance.

PS. I have not ridden the CRF, but did race the KX. I have herd they are close, so I am looking at a CRF. :cry:

I was talking to Rick Petersen at RPMSbigbore. They make big bore kits for most 4 strokes. I would like to know if anyone has tried the 302 kit for the CRF. I have convinced myself I need one, but wondered if anyone has one.

I have the 302 RPM. Awesome motor... no problems yet with about 20 hrs on it.

If money's no big deal, this is some of the most fun you'll have on two wheels! 250 handling with a great engine.

DSCN1074.jpg

MR

Love those graphics......

sweeet looking ride.

My dealer has a 450 on the floor like that.......very nice

I have the Thumper Racing 270 kit....bout what....1/3 of the RPM unit.

I love the TR.....great add of torque and HP.....and cheaper than a new after market exhaust.

Love it!

I did a write up on it here.....do a search......you will find it if you want to check it out.

HR

:)

:)