Sign in to follow this  

Lifan 200 in XR?

Who's going to be the first to try one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4524993276&category=34284

They say it will bolt up in an XR so logically should go into a CR/XR:

"Hi,Thanks for your interest in the replacement engines . so far we have tested the 200cc directly in sl100 and crf100.just for reference an xr100 engine will fit an xr75/xr80 .you should have no trouble bolting the 200cc engine into an xr75 or xr80 frame.we are setting up to test a 200cc engine in an sl125 and 85 xr100.the footpeg brackets bolt right onto the bottom of the engine .i will post pictures showing the lugs .please contact me"

It would be great if they turned out to be a good product, but the metallurgy issues scare me, and they won't manifest themselves for a while.

Note he says the footpeg brackets mount to the bottom of the engine.

That might be an issue on and XR100-80!

On older medel XR80/100 (pre ProLink) the footpegs did mount to the bottom of the engine. The mounts are still there on the 2005 CRF100 for the old foot pegs but are not used in the current models.

I have a hard time believing that the motor fits but would be very interested if they do.

Last year we tried to get a watercooled version, but Lifan sucks when it comes to shipping, but yeah, it looks like the 200 since it has the bracket on the head.

You think they raised the front and rear mount holes to lower the engine in an 80/100 frame. That would keep it from bolting into a CR conversion. Or from using a lower brace on an XR.

what metallurgy issues?

My point is that only time will tell. If the components are machined to strigent tolerances only to be made from inferior quality metals to save money, the longevity of the engine will suffer. They had to cut costs somehwere to offer those prices. Who knows maybe it was slave labor.

Im guessing it won't bolt into a XR100, 80 or 75, because they are different to the xr200 motor and it looks like a XR200 rippoff. Could be interesting to buy one for a test and try it out.

Although Looking again, if it were a based on the 200 wouldn't it have a CDI slapped on the side of the head? Or could it be points ignition??

I am pretty certain this is a HONDA COPY, not a Honda engine.

There are a lot of imported motorcycles coming in from China.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_06/b3919001_mz001.htm?chan=gb

And Chinese counterfeiters make millions of motorcycles a year, with knockoffs of Honda's (HMC ) workhorse CG125 -- selling for about $300, or less than half the cost of a real Honda -- especially popular. It's tales like this that prompt some trade hawks in the U.S. to call for a World Trade Organization action against China related to counterfeits and intellectual-property rights violations in general. Such pressure is beginning to have some effect. "The Chinese government is starting to take things more seriously because of the unprecedented uniform shouting coming from the U.S., Europe, and Japan," says Joseph Simone, a lawyer specializing in IPR issues at Baker & McKenzie in Hong Kong.

Do you think that this guy had any metallurgy issues on his mind? http://www.lifan.cn/75156052164739072/20040325/1040366.html

The Lifan Group is the real deal. Not just a cheap ripoff, but engines based on the old Honda 2V with continued development and patents they own when Honda lost interest and let their patents lapse.

You can check out the water pumpers here. http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/honda-cr230f-01-bikepics-292503.jpg The first engine listed is 156FMI-2, what do you think that intake is all about? fuel injection maybe? also the valve cover looks like a 4V :) .....

Take a few minutes to check out their site, especially the "news section".

1,000,000 units sold in Mexico! ......

Who's going to be the first to try one of these? probly some idiot roaming thru ebay. :)

you know i saw one of these motors in one of those schuks auto chinz bikes today( the 150 cc) the build quality didn't look to bad, but god knows where you could get parts............direct order from china?............i still don't trust that chinaman made sh*t, but for $800 it may be worth trying one of those bikes :)

i still don't trust that chinaman made sh*t, but for $800 it may be worth trying one of those bikes

Timmy.G, Pease tell me that you would not like to show up at you favorite riding spot with this engine in your bike :) even if it made the same HP as yours does stock?

honda-cr230f-01-bikepics-292502.jpg Your Fake Shrouds would actually be directing air through a radiator!

You were probably too young but Americans made the same type of remarks as yours when the Japanese started manufacturing and importing electronic devices into the U.S and WOW! look at them now :p

Lifan is the leader in M/C engine technology in China. All of their production is being done using brand new machinery along with new tooling, and all to ISO-9000 standards which are accepted world wide. I happen to know that if its one thing that a "chinaman" has is his pride, and loosing that is the worse thing that can possibly happen to him. Yea, there are "rip off" artist out there including those in China, but from my research, I don't feel the LIFAN GROUP is one of them. If anything else they are the LEADER in Chinese technology! :)

After talking to Vincent Pale "The CR Kid" from T-BOLT RACING, who is the distributor (not the importer) for the three LIFAN engines that he is offering at this time, I feel that he stands behind his product 110%. The first (3) vertical models chosen for import were intended as direct replacement, cost effective replacement powerpants, for those of us who could undo a few bolts, plug in a wire or two, and do an engine swap in a weekend and be riding (not racing) the next weekend. All done at less time and and $$$ that any local dealer could do.

SoCalXR,

Vince informed me that getting a few waterpumpers included in future shipments is a distinct possibility so let me know what you think.

I told Vince about TT and the forum and I hope he joins in, but if you have any questions for him I'm sure he would be happy to talk to you about the products he has to offer.

You can contact him at:

Vincent Pale

863 Eastbrook ave

Parkland Pa

215 498 4358

T-BOLT RACING

www.TBOLTUSA.com

perhaps the one at the autoparts stor was not a lifan, but it did look the the xr200 design, i was surprised how clean the casting for the cylinder was, but the case looked a little tinny. and the lifan.........only five speeds??

i'm seeing a lot of these import chinese minibikes hitting the market today and have heard no reports on reliability........Will someone post on this please?

karl, the water coold seems like a great idea...seems like a great conversion engine... are you planning to buy one? these mount right up?