Sign in to follow this  

Jawbone or cal city?

Planning a guys trip only this weekend and we have never been to cal city to ride, We always go to jawbone but we might try cal city? whats your input, Also whats the best place to camp, we like to visit the local "bars" for a quick beverage but we have stock tanks so I dont know if randsburg is do able? What do you guys think?

Good question for all of us newbies to the area. We normally go to El mirage, but from the sound of things there, cal city & surronding areas might be our next destination. So how about it... Any tips or advice?

thanks

Why not do both?

Stage at Jawbone or Dove Springs, ride to Johansburg for gas, stop at Randsburg for a drink and a burger then go play in the desert. The riding around Randsburg is better than Cal City (more hills to play on) and you can be back to Jawbone in less than an hour. Dove to Jahansburg to Randsburg would be ideal IMO.......

Or you can do the reverse, camp at Cal City and ride out to the other areas. We camp at cal city because of the openess and it is easy on the kids, there are plenty of make shift tracks for them to moto on and the adults can do some long rides. The White Horse Saloon in Randsburg is a cool spot to get a beer and a burger and people watch, you should try it.

No probs, I do the loop from Cal City/Ransburg and back on one tank. You can gas up in Johannesburg if you go that way or you can gas up at Jawbone Store. JB store is a fun place on the weekends, good cold beer, bar-b-cue going on the patio and a very cool house band jamming on the weekends. It reminds me of Neptunes Net, but in the desert!!

There are lots of nice places to camp and ride, just be adventurous and give one a go. Feel free to PM me if you want directions anywhere and any advice if free of charge. SoCal desert in the winter is paradise!!